Brexit, for once some facts.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I thought I understood May that in the event that parliament rejected the deal that she had negotiated with the EU then she would consider another referendum vote.
Sorry Woosh your posting crossed mine.
This is the first time that May has let slip that in the event of her deal being rejected she would look for alternatives,I think she realises that no deal would be a disaster for us all and is ignoring the likes of Redwood who would like a no deal outcome.
She has never mentioned that before
KudosDave

Last edited:

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
So TM is seeking to hold on to UK's EU membership as long as possible.
She doesn't give two figs - it's just her job she wants to cling to for as long as possible. In any case, I don't think the over-promoted woman will need to wait too long before she again becomes the nobody she was before Ca-moron's world went tits-up on him! She is drunk with power and her record as HS and PM has demonstrably confirmed her total unsuitability for any high office.

Tom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Theresa May’s guide to never answering a single f**king question:

theresa-may-2.jpg

ARE people constantly asking you annoying, awkward questions? Here are my foolproof ways of never giving a straight answer.

Waffle like a bastard

This is my favourite way of avoiding questions. In everyday life – perhaps in a flatshare scenario – you might use it as follows:
“Dave, did you eat all my ******* cheese?”
“Karen, I think we can both agree cheese is delicious. I absolutely share your commitment to cheese. Let me tell you about some of the cheeses I have eaten. Cheddar, Cheshire, brie, goat’s cheese, grated cheese…” [Continue until other person loses the will to live.]

Cough as if you’re about to suddenly expire

My extended coughing fit at last year’s Tory conference was actually a cunning ruse to avoid divulging information about my incredibly **** policies. I felt I pulled it off brilliantly.

Slag off Labour instead

I like to avoid valid questions by making irrelevant criticisms of Labour, eg. “Yes, it’s impossible for a young couple to buy a house, but do we want to go back to the Winter of Discontent when you’d come home from work and find a family of rats watching your telly?”
If faced with a difficult real-life question like “Do you love me?” simply reply: “I think you’ve got to ask, would you prefer to be shagging Jeremy Corbyn? He probably keeps his Lenin cap on and says ‘Well done, comrade’ afterwards.”

Say ‘Let me be clear’

And then be as clear as a drunk mumbling in Sanskrit backwards with a mouth full of dry-roasted peanuts. Never fails to work on BBC journalists.

Dance like a ****

A last resort but worth trying next time someone asks you a difficult question. Although probably not if the question is: “Have you been drinking tonight, madam?”

Claro?

Tom

• :D
Reactions: robdon and Wicky

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
How many days to go?

44173717_1103736823129271_2205740373949546496_n.jpg

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so tragic for our nation.
The foolish red lines, delusional and void of reality, but packaged in bravado ‘we hold all the cards’ English exceptionalism, have finally been found out.

Who’s looking stupid now? The Brexit elite and their blind, misguided zealous followers.
They need to blame everyone but themselves - because they had no plan.
No plan. Whatsoever.

Today the EU are ’bullying’ us and and are ‘ruthless’ towards us. Didn’t we hold all the cards, Leavers?

It’s cognitive dissonance at the highest level. We’ve seen it coming for two years. You didn’t, Leavers.

Now the blame game is here. It’s the EU. It’s the Remainers. It’s Theresa May.
No, Leavers. It’s your own Brexit elite. They lied to you. And, it’s you. It’s you who believed their lies and didn’t ask questions.

The EU held all the cards. The EU are following their rules only. No stupid nationalistic fervour or blue passport dreams. Rules only.

You wanted your cake and eat it. Now you’re finding you can’t even agree what ingredients you put into the cake.

You’ve left the kitchen in a horrible mess. It’s time to step out before you put fire to the whole house.
Let the grown ups deal with Brexit - and cancel it. You’ve failed big time.

Thank you Daily torygraph!

Tom

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I thought I understood May that in the event that parliament rejected the deal that she had negotiated with the EU then she would consider another referendum vote.
Sorry Woosh your posting crossed mine.
This is the first time that May has let slip that in the event of her deal being rejected she would look for alternatives,I think she realises that no deal would be a disaster for us all and is ignoring the likes of Redwood who would like a no deal outcome.
She has never mentioned that before
KudosDave
.. there will be no time... To hold a referendum, and even were it done at the last minute, why do you think that sober Germans,Dutch etc would go fot it

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and oldtom

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
The game's afoot it seems if this is to be believed:

180804-May-Macron.jpg

I’ve just been sent the following, on Twitter. It’s a possible explanation of Theresa May’s Brexit negotiation strategy that – if true – indicates a betrayal of faith with the EU27 negotiators, and an outright betrayal of the British people.

What do you think about this?

This is a sanitised briefing. It is rated as “high level of confidence” and supported by OSINT, meaning it comes from multiple, reliable sources and is supported by open source information.

Numerous sources have confirmed the British government is deliberately aiming for a no deal Brexit outcome in order to take advantage of extended powers available to them under the scenario – including civil contingencies and so-called Henry VIII.

The Chequers plan is a ploy designed to engage the EU in distraction from the desired British outcome and create a false narrative at home in the UK that the EU are responsible.

Sources claim emergency legislation is being prepared for January next year (2019) when the Withdrawal Act no deal deadlines pass – this would be 29/01 and the civil contingencies secretariat have been convened as per leaked Hammond notes recently, adding credibility.

On Ireland: The British government hopes the EU will be forced to move first and install a hard border in Ireland in order to avoid blame itself for a situation it has created. Further sources claim the data harvested during Repeal 8th will be used in some “unity” campaigns.

The British government has progressed trade talks with the US to the point of potential emergency supply, moving substantially beyond informal discussions – though the Trump administration should not be taken at its word, a degree of reliance on this has been factored in UK side.

The government intends to create a tax haven on the EU’s doorstep to exploit financial service deregulation. This speaks for itself.

The British government aims to prevent France and other EU countries from properly preparing for no deal by continuing to falsely engage in the negotiations in bad faith, keeping the EU27 from moving from early stage plans to contingency measures as long as possible.

The British government hopes this will create a ripple effect of impact so it can later pursue a “Europe in chaos” narrative of disinformation and exploit the situation. In short hoping to spread the load of no deal impact, particularly into France due to geographical impact.

The British government hopes this collateral damage will add to planned disruption around the EU election processes next spring and they will use dissident relationships to further this – likely to include Orban.

The British are aware that contingency planning in France has not yet reached operational unit level even in the GIGN because the general French presumption is that the British government is genuinely engaged in good faith, which they are not.

Tom

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Considering she agreed to issue Article 50, this is as unbelievable as everything else. After all, it is difficult to think of anything else that has ever threatened the integrity of our UK nearly as much. Very likely neither WWI nor WWII were such a threat.

Brexit: EU insistence on Northern Ireland backstop unacceptable, May tells MPs
PM rules out agreeing anything that ‘threatens the integrity of our UK’ as talks hit impasse

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Well folks, everything is going pretty much as we predicted on here with the UK Governent intending to end up with the appearance of a triumph of diplomacy for TM and co against a bullying EU.

But it is growing more likely day by day that they have dropped the ball well and truly, and the EU will lose patience and step back from negotiations with the message exactly unchanged from day one.

And the nation will "Dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight"

• Agree

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Just saw this from Observer on Sunday:

“This is one of the most fundamental decisions that government has taken in modern times. This week, the authority of our constitution is on the line,” he wrote.

The Conservative MP Nadine Dorries backed Davis’s intervention and suggested he should become “interim leader” to deliver Brexit.

“His position has always been ‘change the policy, not the PM’. Getting May out and him becoming an interim leader may be the only way to deliver Brexit and [an] FTA (free-trade agreement),” she said.

Lord preserve us from people whose names begin with D.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just saw this from Observer on Sunday:

“This is one of the most fundamental decisions that government has taken in modern times. This week, the authority of our constitution is on the line,” he wrote.

The Conservative MP Nadine Dorries backed Davis’s intervention and suggested he should become “interim leader” to deliver Brexit.

“His position has always been ‘change the policy, not the PM’. Getting May out and him becoming an interim leader may be the only way to deliver Brexit and [an] FTA (free-trade agreement),” she said.

Lord preserve us from people whose names begin with D.
Davis couldn't even deliver himself to meetings , never mind Brexit!

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
An interesting article in the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/13/brexit-fanatics-no-compromise-go-for-broke-chaos-counter-revolution?CMP=share_btn_tw

A people’s vote, a Labour government with Marxists at the top, a threat to the union – everything conservatives once abhorred – are being brought closer by the tactics of the Conservative right. You can understand their determination to push Brexit to the limits only when you grasp that, to its promoters, Brexit is the best and only chance they have to launch a counter-revolution.
They have hardly made a secret of their ambitions to reverse protections for workers. “The weight of employment regulation is now backbreaking: the collective redundancies directive, the atypical workers directive, the working time directive and a thousand more,” said Johnson in 2014. Liam Fox told the Financial Times in 2012 it was “unsustainable to believe that workplace rights should remain untouchable”. Jacob Rees-Mogg said he could not “support all the employment rights that come from Europe”. David Davis, John Redwood and the older Brexit crew were against the social chapter from the moment of its inception. Meanwhile, Andrea Leadsom outbid them all when she dreamed of a future when there was “absolutely no regulation whatsoever – no minimum wage, no maternity or paternity rights, no unfair dismissal rights, no pension rights – for the smallest companies that are trying to get off the ground”.

These people have been a menace in the past and in the present, and worst of all in the future.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Guardian headline for their photo section:

May in hot water and a Viking burial

We might want to get rid of May (and many others), but we don't have to go quite that far. Could they find her a place in a retirement home? You know, one of the ones that the DSS put people in. Viking burials are reportedly rather expensive,

• Disagree
  • Agree

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Could they find her a place in a retirement home? You know, one of the ones that the DSS put people in.
These people are acting against the best interests of the British nation. In other words, they commit treason against the people, so I'd like them all to hang. That would deter the Farages of this world for a few decades!

Tom

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
These people are acting against the best interests of the British nation. In other words, they commit treason against the people, so I'd like them all to hang. That would deter the Farages of this world for a few decades!

Tom
I rather thought that a DSS-standard retirement home was worse by prolonging the agony rather than getting it over in a split second.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
.. Yes that may well be the case, but that will not be the EUs problem. Schrödinger's cat if you will.
the entanglement is the dual nationality of Northern Irish.
that's why the border should be the Irish Sea.

Reactions: robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Today the EU are ’bullying’ us and and are ‘ruthless’ towards us. Didn’t we hold all the cards, Leavers?
I blame Boris Johnson for that.
A lot of people thought he speaks common sense but he is really an idiot.

Advertisers