Brexit, for once some facts.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Whether one voted to leave or remain, we are now way beyond that point.

We will be leaving the EU and we need to pull together, not against each other to ensure we get the best exit deal.
And just how do you suggest that is to be accomplished? you and I are not going to be consulted are we?

Surely you are not suggesting we wholeheartedly support TM, a person who has an unbroken track record of failure behind her simply because she is effectively a Dictator?

In other words you are suggesting that we switch off our brains and smile sweetly as an idiot gets the country into big trouble?

Not very Patriotic is it?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Yes, some good points.

I still think support for BREXIT is alive and well, but if May doesn't make a good job of it, there is likely to be trouble in the form of civil unrest.

I think the outcome of BREXIT will be good, so don't see the above as a likely scenario.
Well the chancellor will have to keep pulling rabbits of out his hat for 2, 5 10 years, to keep buying folk off till things get 'better' and that's on top of the austerity programme from 2010 to whenever, cuts in NHS & schools and more referalls to food banks - and at some point there'll have to be a general election to muddy waters or martial law...

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
it's worth recapping at this point
Why did the public vote to leave the EU, and what remains of the leave promises?

Rather than have me spell it out I invite someone who voted for leave to explain what remains of the promises that were made, and to provide something more than a mere hope to support the argument.
Any takers?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Yes, some good points.

I still think support for BREXIT is alive and well, but if May doesn't make a good job of it, there is likely to be trouble in the form of civil unrest.

I think the outcome of BREXIT will be good, so don't see the above as a likely scenario.
Good, tillson? how exactly?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Groaner,

Calm down.

Hysterical post after post after post.

If you have any points, they are lost amongst the bluster.

All we are doing is leaving a bloated treaty organisation which has an inflated sense of its own importance.

In five years' time it won't make a lot of difference one way or the other.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Good, tillson? how exactly?
Put yourself in the position of a poor family in the north. What are their expectations from Brexit?
What has Hammond/May in the pipeline post Brexit to satisfy those expectations?
But if it isn't working for them they have no way to advise they are unhappy,except maybe civil unrest
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Groaner,

Calm down.

All we are doing is leaving a bloated treaty organisation which has an inflated sense of its own importance.

Do you think man from Huddersfield is going to wait 5 years?
KudosDave

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Groaner,

Calm down.

Sorry but that is simply nonsense, all of my posts are based on either solid facts or reliable evidence, none are ever hysterical, and trying as you are to denigrate them reflects on you, not me.
Do give up, it fails to impress and should be beneath you.
Nor am I gven to bluster, which I see you are attempting to do with the last post.
And frankly where in your imagination did you come up with the idea I am not calm?
Touch of wishful thinking there perhaps?
We are leaving an organisation that even with all it's faults is far superior in every way to the crude and parochial Parliamentary system in this country.
Perhaps the fact that it is too interested in the mass of the people rather than an Elite minority doesn't appeal to you?

A tip for you. leave sarcasm alone, it's not something you can't handle.
putting your mind to constructing a well though through argument with something more than "I wish" behind it in favour of Brexit is what you should be aiming to achieve.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
In the run-up to the EU referendum, Mrs Mayhem positioned herself as a remainer:

View attachment 17935

Under this tory government, this happened, (from Private Eye):

View attachment 17936

If this government remains in office much longer, this is what will happen:

View attachment 17937

Nobody should be amused by this!

Tom
Fake News they cry! Fake news!
But then what can you expect? they do so hate to be found out for what they really are.

• Agree

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
There are a lot of experts, in a lot of fields who would disagree with your optimistic view on this.
It will take five years to judge the impact of Brexit, by which time it will be impossible to do so in isolation.

Many other factors will come into play.

Thus if we are in a mess, Remainers will say told you so, Brexiteers will say it would have been worse if we stayed in.

If we are doing well, Remainers will say we would have been doing better still in, Brexiteers will say we wouldn't have been doing as well had he not left.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: robdon and tillson

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
A tip for you. leave sarcasm alone, it's not something you can't handle.
putting your mind to constructing a well though through argument with something more than "I wish" behind it in favour of Brexit is what you should be aiming to achieve.
A tip for you - take a step back.

Your posts are hysterical in their tone and volume.

You are in no position to judge that.

Kid yourself all you like, but anyone bored enough to read this thread will put 'oldgroaner' down as a sad, single issue obsessed loony.

And that's just those who support Remain.

• :D
  • Disagree
Reactions: robdon and tillson
It will take five years to judge the impact of Brexit, by which time it will be impossible to do so in isolation.

Thus if we are in a mess, Remainers will say told you so, Brexiteers will say it would have been worse if we stayed in.

If we are doing well, Remainers will say we would have been doing better still in, Brexiteers will say we wouldn't have been doing as well had he not left.
So what if the EU, and Germany continue to grow as economies (which they including us now all are) and in 5 years ... we're not... the poor are worse of, the funding for the NHS is worse, our universities aren't getting as many over seas applicants, companies have moved their European HQ's from the UK onto the mainland etc etc etc. Is there anyway, Brexiteer's will be able to say that Brexit wasn't responsible for this possible scenario?

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
A tip for you - take a step back.

Your posts are hysterical in their tone and volume.

You are in no position to judge that.

Kid yourself all you like, but anyone bored enough to read this thread will put 'oldgroaner' down as a sad, single issue obsessed loony.

And that's just those who support Remain.
You are wasting time with this nonsense and are simply hedging to cover the fact you have no cogent argument in favour of brexit,
And you are certainly in no position on that basis to criticise me personally

Standard ploy of the brexit voters when called to account, employ a personal attack.
Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

Too complicated a set of conclusions Rob.

The reality will be what it's always been, that the electorate as a whole will be dissatisfied, whatever the outcome.

• Agree

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

So you have still no argument to offer in favour of brexit just platitudes?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Agree

Advertisers