Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'll be feeling even more smug than usual as I drive to the supermarket tomorrow in my all electric car. I won't use the usual urban route since that passes three filling stations so the roads could be clogged with queues. I'll use the mainly country road alternative and put up with some extra speed bumps since there's no fuel stations that way.

My best car I've ever had is even better now. :)

Reactions: Nev and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I agree. Starmer tinkering with the leadership selection process at this party conference, instead of gearing up for the election which will be called in a few months, before the inquiry on the Government's handling of the pandemic, shows a complete lack of foresight. There's no urgency in coalescing election winning policies, which should have happened by now and reported widely so that the public know what Labour stand for. It's all about managing perception, and the Tories are far better at that than Labour ever have been. The hard left will never accept a move to the centre and the Tories will bait and switch in another leader then rebrand, if things start to look rocky under Boris. It's bloody depressing.
OG
How come you agree with this (which was an endorsement of my post) yet argued in your normal fashion when I said Tories will be in power for years. Congenitally argumentative aswell?
And blaming electorate us like blaming water for the rain. And it's nothing to do with propoganda, unless of course that term includes Labour advertising their own arguments, politics, and attitudes as such. (Nandy, come on OG, she is disastrous for Labour. I, m fairly sure some elements of Labour are secret Tory plants, put there to undermine and split the party. Nandy is doing a fine job.
I know we all live to hate such as Raab and many like him but can you really imagine Nandy doing a press conference, getting questioned by BBC and her retaliating fag in hand calling folk scum. Voters just don't want it and much as you like to push blame onto uneducated voting public (which is an utterly stupid argument) truth is as I keep telling you there simply is no viable, vote worthy alternative. In any party.
How does a PR guru manage folks perceptions of Nandy, Len McCluskey, Diane Abot,... They would need Spielberg. Get a grip OG.
Labour look and find ways to lose support. Come on OG how bad do things have to get before Labour start building popularity.
Tories could introduce Capital punishment in schools and Labour would find a way to make Tory MP pushing it through house seem more capable than their alternative.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
OG
How come you agree with this (which was an endorsement of my post) yet argued in your normal fashion when I said Tories will be in power for years. Congenitally argumentative aswell?
And blaming electorate us like blaming water for the rain. And it's nothing to do with propoganda, unless of course that term includes Labour advertising their own arguments, politics, and attitudes as such. (Nandy, come on OG, she is disastrous for Labour. I, m fairly sure some elements of Labour are secret Tory plants, put there to undermine and split the party. Nandy is doing a fine job.
I know we all live to hate such as Raab and many like him but can you really imagine Nandy doing a press conference, getting questioned by BBC and her retaliating fag in hand calling folk scum. Voters just don't want it and much as you like to push blame onto uneducated voting public (which is an utterly stupid argument) truth is as I keep telling you there simply is no viable, vote worthy alternative. In any party.
How does a PR guru manage folks perceptions of Nandy, Len McCluskey, Diane Abot,... They would need Spielberg. Get a grip OG.
How is any of that a refutation of what I wrote, exactly? (Please don't bust a gut - I am keenly aware that the general health of members of this forum is somewhat fragile, to say the least).

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Oops, sorry, I realise that wasn't aimed at me (lol). Still, best not bust a gut! I also interpreted OG as "Oh God!" - I've done too much gardening today. Digging out bindweed is great exercise, but it does leave me frazzled.

• :D
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Oops, sorry, I realise that wasn't aimed at me (lol). Still, best not bust a gut! I also interpreted OG as "Oh God!" I've done too much gardening today. Digging out bindweed is great exercise, but it does leave me frazzled.
Yes, you were just the launch pad for the weapon. :(

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Yes, you were just the launch pad for the weapon. :(
Clearly, I have landed in a den of vipers bearing grudges! Time for bed. ;-)

Reactions: Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Screenshot_20210927_223237.jpg

No fuel in garages. NHS worst state in its history. Empty shelves. Govt thinking of bringing in army to help deliveries. Folk worried about prescriptions being delivered. Pound weak. (OK recovered a bit) Agfanistan. Relations with France.. Crops rotting in ground. (nobody to pick them) and a whole host of other negative stuff for Boris' flying circus.. And look labour still less popular than Tories..
Its actually astonishing. Mid term, normally governments are at a low ebb... But not this one, not when we have Labour stood on guard.. Oh no.
I don't think we have ever had such a terrible government in power with such a shockingly worse opposition. The 2 actually support each other.
Boris could actually fall onto our TV screens in his dishevelled state and openly say look I, m sorry we are appallingly bad but look at that shower. Everybody would think... Yep, he, s right.
Its a strange type of meritocracy. We can have these who are bad or those who are a lot worse. Now, a few may disagree, but the important ones, the vast majority of voting public see it that way.
Tories won't change until they have to, when Labour become credible. Don't hold your breath.

Last edited:

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
View attachment 44180

No fuel in garages. NHS worst state in its history. Empty shelves. Govt thinking of bringing in army to help deliveries. Folk worried about prescriptions being delivered. Pound weak. (OK recovered a bit) Agfanistan. Relations with France.. Crops rotting in ground. (nobody to pick them) and a whole host of other negative stuff for Boris' flying circus.. And look labour still less popular than Tories..
Its actually astonishing. Mid term, normally governments are at a low ebb... But not this one, not when we have Labour stood on guard.. Oh no.
I don't think we have ever had such a terrible government in power with such a shockingly worse opposition. The 2 actually support each other.
Boris could actually fall onto our TV screens in his dishevelled state and openly say look I, m sorry we are appallingly bad but look at that shower. Everybody would think... Yep, he, s right.
Its a strange type of meritocracy. We can have these who are bad or those who are a lot worse. Now, a few may disagree, but the important ones, the vast majority of voting public see it that way.
Tories won't change until they have to, when Labour become credible. Don't hold your breath.
This is a very English point of view.
We have a Labour Government in Wales with Commissar Drakeford leading it. They are doing much the same thing as the English Conservative government. As far as I can see both governments are simply reacting to events as best they can.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
View attachment 44180

thank you for proving my point: too many of the voters are stupid.

Reactions: Zlatan and Woosh

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Very good! good luck with the heart op, it this an electrical or surgical procedure?
Bit of both..They steady your heart rate by shocking it. (Cardioversion) . Then go in from your leg (???) upto your heart with a camera, laser or rf transmitter and zap the nerves causing the problems. They got half the faulty ones removed last time.. (Cardiac Ablation..)
And thanks OG.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldgroaner

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Bit of both..They steady your heart rate by shocking it. (Cardioversion) . Then go in from your leg (???) upto your heart with a camera, laser or rf transmitter and zap the nerves causing the problems. They got half the faulty ones removed last time.. (Cardiac Ablation..)
And thanks OG.
Best wishes for a successful outcome, and I'm sure everyone on here will agree to that.

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and oyster

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
From "The Road.cc"
Fair Fuel UK boss blames "militant cyclist" for marking his home as a petrol station on Google maps"

Reactions: oyster

Advertisers