Broken Bosch rack mount battery...how to depose of it?

Dave_the_B

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 30, 2014
I have had a Bosch rack mounted battery replaced under warranty, Bosch have been very clear in their Emails to the bike shop that they do not want the battery back as it poses a danger when transported.
To save the bike shop any hassle I have taken the broken battery off of them, how can I safely depose of it?
Many thanks Dave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
fire!:D tho you could take all the cells out of it for a nice supply of 18650 cells should be about 40 of them inside.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Don't be making crazy suggestions like that SW - it needs to be put into safe hands immediately to avoid any danger to the general public.;)

• :D
Reactions: mike killay

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Along with many others, I'd take it off your hands ;)
No but seriously, although it's no good for your bike it could still have many good 18650 cell in it. These 18650 batteries can be used individual in torches, put 4 together and make a battery pack for your bike lights, you can buy empty USB power bank cases for a few pounds and then put your own cells in and not forgetting all those folks that build there own bike batteries.
Alternatively you could stick it on eBay ;)

Dave_the_B

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 30, 2014
I live in Shaftesbury, Dorset.
It would be a pleasure to hand it to a fellow E-bike rider free of charge, collection only