Brompton - Crystalite 209 Motor

bikes2fold

Just Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Spokes

Thanks Jerry,

Because of the small rim and big hub there is only small space. I would think calculators are not made for this and the chance of making measuring-mistakes are bigger then when using f.i. 622 rims. And why inventing the wheel when it's already invented en proved right? ;)

Greeting (sleep well), Jan

bikes2fold

Just Joined
Mar 22, 2011
It works

I don't see how to put a picture inside a message, so made an attachment of the Brompton I made. The battery I put inside the foldingbasket, but looking for a solution to put it on the rear of the bike in order to even the weight.

Attachments

Last edited:

wharfitude

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 1, 2009
NR28
Neat job, Herb.

I would just say one thing, going back to one of your earlier posts. From experience of touring with an unpowered Brompton I'd advise against putting anything heavy on the rear rack - or if you do, strap the rack to the seatpost. If you're pushing the bike across a slope with a heavy weight on the back the rear end can suddenly decide to slip down the slope and fold itself. Once it's started going you instinctively heave on the handlebars or saddle to try and get it upright again, which only makes things worse.

By the way, all Bromptons are diesel-powered. You just fold them up and get on a bus (or train)!