Brooks saddle

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Well who's the fool now, that will be me then:rolleyes:
Here's my new brooks B67S pre aged saddle
It came yesterday, it was fitted in not time and I got out on my 15 mile route as soon as I could.
The bad bit !
Due to some strange combination of pressure points, my sciatica has flared up after years of cycling with no pain. I did try adjusting the saddle position many times during my 15 mile ride but to no avail.
I dare not use this saddle again, so will take a hit to the wallet and offer it for sale at £45 posted.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just to confirm I'm asking £45 & (I will cover the postage) for my as new brooks B67S saddle having covered only 15 miles. (PayPal prefered) :)

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Hi folks, it seams nobody wants a new saddle at the moment:(
Perhaps I could tempt someone if I offered it for sale at £38 posted
I'm sure the price is fair but a bargain is only a bargain if it something you want:D

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
That's an excellent price - perhaps there just isn't enough women on this site !

You may be better off trying Gumtree . Or failing that eBay

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
That's certainly a brilliant price and good of you to offer it here first rather than putting it back on ebay.
These quite heavy sprung saddles are really only suited to "sit up and beg" bikes where the handlebars are higher than the seat. They can't be adjusted with any finesse as they move all the time on the springs which is possibly why it triggered your sciatica.
If anyone was thinking of trying this it's a real bargain and I'm sure that if it didn't suit they would get their money back on ebay.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
I would but my bike has a very strict colour code, I have been considering a black and silver version but keep thinking it will get nicked.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I've found a buyer for this if it's still for sale, obviously Steven has first chance.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
My saddle went in the post today, soon to arrive at Steven's
Thanks to all :eek:

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
No problem, thanks for the quick reply.
Good luck with the search for a comfy saddle and I hope the pain has eased, only those of us who have experienced sciatica know how truly horrible it can be.

Last edited: