Help! Building up from Swytch kit

cheesemonkey

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2022
A quick update; I decided to buy a whole new kit from Woosh (front hub FX07, 36V 13Ah battery, Lishui rated 8A max 17A) for just over £520.

Tested the kit with Swytch's AKM 100SX hub and no juddering from the hub. By process of elimination, I assume the Swytch controller is at fault. Very helpful that I could test the hub; I could have just asked Woosh for new battery and controller/display but there's a sense of relief that I now have a whole new, reputable conversion kit; time will tell how I get on with it. Good bye Sywtch, it's been fun and educational; time for me to move on.

Took the opportunity to strip the bike completely and overhaul all the components (family inherited bike, history of any servicing is unknown!) before putting on the new conversion kit. It'll feel like a brand new ebike.

Just out of curiosity, I checked how much I paid for Swytch kit. Well, embarrassingly I paid total of £692... (£137.25 just for customs!) :eek: And 6months of waiting! Oh have I learned some life lessons here.

Many thanks everyone for your advice and in particular @Woosh for your business. Will update once everything is all put together.

Last edited:

cheesemonkey

Pedelecer
Jul 27, 2022
Another quick update: bike overhauled and kit neatly installed.

The new XF07 just about fitted with some fettling with extra washer on the right side to clear the significant bulge of the fork. The wheel sits about 2mm to the left from the centre but I wouldn't think it warrants re-dishing. V brakes sits square and the wheel is true (after some adjustment out of the box, glad I'm skilled with general bike maintenance).

Looks like a new shiny bike (from a distance). Luckily the cables weren't excessively long after routing over the top tube.

Test ride trouble-free ok but yet to go for a commute. I don't think I didn't need it, but it was quite nice to see live speed and power in watts on the display (Sywtch kit had only LED indicators for battery and power levels).

Reactions: Peter.Bridge