Buying my first bike - anyone got a 2016 Cube Touring Hybrid 400?

Richard H

Just Joined
Sep 15, 2017
UK
have tried a few bikes and really like this one, a really smooth ride, a tad on the heavy side but I think that goes for most bikes in this range. My local dealer is offering it for £1750 against a sticker price of £1899. Does anyone have any experience of this bike? Thanks, Richard

BigG

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2016
Co Durham
I have the Cube Touring Hybrid Pro 500 with a step through frame. I have only done about 200 miles due to knee replacement surgery (hope to go home today!). It really is a well put together bit of kit. I think the main difference between the 400 and 500 is the battery size. It really is a joy to ride.
The only other e-bike I have owned is a KTM Macina Cross 10 which was a beautiful bike but I thought after my op I'd have trouble "getting my leg over" so I had to sell it.

Sorry if the above might seem a bit disjointed but I'm high on morphine.... prescribed!

NigelU

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 30, 2017
Winchester
have tried a few bikes and really like this one, a really smooth ride, a tad on the heavy side but I think that goes for most bikes in this range. My local dealer is offering it for £1750 against a sticker price of £1899. Does anyone have any experience of this bike? Thanks, Richard
Hi Richard, yes I have that bike and I do like it a lot. Granted it is my first E-bike so I don't know any better lol. I paid just over £1600 from Hargroves about 6 weeks ago. Im getting about 30 miles out of the battery at the moment but that's due to my weight and fitness! that should improve hopefully.

Attachments

Richard H

Just Joined
Sep 15, 2017
UK
Hi Richard, yes I have that bike and I do like it a lot. Granted it is my first E-bike so I don't know any better lol. I paid just over £1600 from Hargroves about 6 weeks ago. Im getting about 30 miles out of the battery at the moment but that's due to my weight and fitness! that should improve hopefully.
Thanks Nigel the model I was looking at (& have since bought) has the step-through frame as I want my wife to use it as well. That might explain the higher price. Have only had it two days & very pleased so far.

Reactions: Gaz

DangerousDave79

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2017
Northern Ireland
Nigel,

Did you change out the handbar grips?

shep

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
We have 2 CUBE electric bikes with the Bosch CX motors really fantastic bikes, great to ride, well put together and good value

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Yes I did. I have the Ergon ones ,and I am pleased with them
I was very doubtful about the benefits of the (genuine) Ergon grips, but after getting a set for my wife who was having wrist issues, I've become a convert, and most of my bikes now have them.
especially good when you are starting (back) cycling and haven't managed to 'toughen up' yet!

Reactions: NigelU