Help! Byocycle Chameleon

davydiff5012

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 3, 2023
HI All
I have just bought a second hand ebike and i stripped it down and cleaned it no power is going to the motor or the lights so i iopened up the compartment with the controller in it and it was in a bit of a state so im asuming it has run its course lol part number is G3M20211-1592-16 does anyone know where i could get a replacement part from .

Thanking you in advance .

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
HI All
I have just bought a second hand ebike and i stripped it down and cleaned it no power is going to the motor or the lights so i iopened up the compartment with the controller in it and it was in a bit of a state so im asuming it has run its course lol part number is G3M20211-1592-16 does anyone know where i could get a replacement part from .

Did you check the battery first?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
HI All

that's a Lishui controller.
You need to post pictures of the connectors.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you need to show the connectors for:
1. LED panel or LCD (5-pin)
2. Pedal sensor (3-pin)
3. throttle (3-pin)
4. Brake sensors (two pin, there should be two for the brakes)
5. Motor (3 pin or 9 pin).

So pull the bunch of wires out of the controller compartment, then zoom into the connectors.
You need the pictures anyway to connect a replacement controller.
If you are near Southend, you can bring your bike to my shop. I have all the Lishui stuff.
You can also buy Lishui controllers on the net.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
When you have an ebike that doesn't work, you can either test it to find out what's wrong and fix that, or you can start replacing parts. The latter method can be very time consuming, expensive and frustrating.

To fix any ebike, this is how you check it with everything switched on that you can:
1. Measure the voltage at controller's battery connector. Obviously should be battery voltage. 36v - 42v for a 36v battery would be an acceptable range, but if you've fully charged the battery and it's less than 41v, it needs some sorting.
2. Measure the voltage on the 5v rail. You can measure that between any ground (black) and any of the reds going to throttle, PAS or motor halls. It should be around 5v.
3. Check throttle signal wire voltage on it's connector while connected. it's the wire that's not red or black on the throttle connector. Should give about 1v to 4v when you twist the throttle. If there's more than one wire, your meter will find it. It's the one that's between 1v and 4v, assuming that it works.
4. Check that the pedal assist sensor is pulsing. Measure the PAS signal wire while turning the pedals slowly. Should pulse 5v on and off every time a magnet passes the sensor. The signal wire is the one that's not red or black.
5. Check the motor hall signal wires (blue green and yellow) on the motor connector at the controller. They should each pulse with 5v going on and off as you rotate the wheel BACKWARDS.
6. Mosfet test. Disconnect the motor cable and battery from the controller. Measure the resistance (200k scale) between the red battery connection and each of the three phase wire connections, then repeat with the black battery wire. Each set of 3 readings should be the same as each other and in the range 7K -24K. Though can be higher as long as they're all the same. Due to the capacitor across the battery wire, you can get a constantantly changing measurement while it charges. In that case, try swapping your probes round. Even though can be a moving result, the only important thing is that all three move in a similar way.

If your bike passes all those tests, it should work, so then you can look at any settings or other logical causes, like stuck brake switches, PAS installed backwards.

When checking whether the motor will work, always disconnect all unessential connectors, like PAS (if you have a throttle), lights and brakes.

Reactions: flecc and Woosh

davydiff5012

Nov 3, 2023
Is that the connectors on the cycle you mean as im a newbie oh and im in scotland so a little bit away from southend lol

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Pull the controller out a bit more then take pictures of the connectors.
We can then help you understand how the controller is connected to the rest of the bike.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
How about making a sticky post from @saneagle 's fault finding steps, save the chap typing it out 2-3 times a week and anyone can reference/link to it..
I have a post bookmarked, so I just copy and paste. Sometimes I need to adjust it a bit when there are special circumstances. Any of you can also bookmark it and copy and paste it when necessary. I give anybody licence to use the stuff I post.

• Informative
Reactions: thelarkbox

davydiff5012

Nov 3, 2023
you need to show the connectors for:
1. LED panel or LCD (5-pin)
2. Pedal sensor (3-pin)
3. throttle (3-pin)
4. Brake sensors (two pin, there should be two for the brakes)
5. Motor (3 pin or 9 pin).

So pull the bunch of wires out of the controller compartment, then zoom into the connectors.
You need the pictures anyway to connect a replacement controller.
If you are near Southend, you can bring your bike to my shop. I have all the Lishui stuff.
You can also buy Lishui controllers on the net.

Attachments

davydiff5012

Nov 3, 2023
hi has anyone looked at my lastest post about the controller i put a pic up of with any info if it will be o for my bike ?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
hi has anyone looked at my lastest post about the controller i put a pic up of with any info if it will be o for my bike ?
It might work and it might not. Firstly, you haven't determined why your bike isn't working. There could be a fault with the battery, its connector, the control panel or the pedal sensor. Secondly, you can't judge a controller by looks. It might have different comms protocols or software in it and different pinouts on the connectors.

As a general rule, you should always buy unbranded controllers with their matching control panel. The motor connectors are fairly standard, so that only leaves battery and pedal sensor connectors that might need adjustment.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I have a post bookmarked, so I just copy and paste.
I used to do similar for many years with various advice posts I'd made earlier.

But eventually pedelecs switched the Host company and a huge swathe of posts and photos were lost in the process, rendering bookmarks and links useless, losses I know you've suffered from too.