Bypass Governor on a Daymak Monaco

David Bont

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 29, 2014
Hello, I have an old Daymak Monaco e-bike 48V and I would like to bypass or disable the speed limit, as where I live there is no law constrain to do this I would like if somebody could help me on how to do this!

Thanks folks, and safe riding.

David Bont

Aug 29, 2014
Really considerable, about 50%, bear in mind that the place where I live is flat. My Daymak Monaco is 48V, now I order a 60V controller and I plan to add a new battery to upgrade it.

David Bont

Aug 29, 2014
Yep, I am using 4 SLA batteries 12V 12ah , I checked for the Lithium but the price is the same I paid for the scooter. I am planning to upgrade it to 60V with an extra battery and a new controller, I know that is a different wire system and I will try. I have no experience or knowledge in electric circuits.

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
I might cost you more for the new controller and wiring for the 60v conversion than getting some lithium! Especially if you're not sure about the wiring.

David Bont

Aug 29, 2014
No! New controller, new converter and an extra-battery is half the price of a single Lithium Battery, plus, with 60V I´ll have more torque and more autonomy. I bought them from the Daymak page.