Calling all Bosch Nyon Users

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
Hi Guys, my Nyon has not received a software update for some while.

I am on : 1.3.2.0

The German Pedelec users are saying they are all on 1.5.1.0

Can Nyon users report on here what level your device is on please?

Thanks, Dave

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
Interesting Dan, thanks. I get the impression that they have had a number of upgrades since my level.

Have you tried to update recently?

Also, they talk about a new hardware level for the Nyon on the German site, ours are 512mb and the new one they are calling the 8gb model. Did not know that.

However, I want the new software level, not much to ask!!!

As in the original post, can all UK users check the software and report on this thread please? Thanks.............

Dan Fog Madsen

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 25, 2014
Hey Dave. Just did a search for updates. Still no new update, perhaps the update is for 2016 versions only.
Checked the app store for bosch app update and there is nothing new for IOS.

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
Thanks Dan, appreciated.

Looking through the 96 pages on the German thread, there are 2015 owners also getting the latest updates. Also, when Bosch released their 2016 MY announcements, they specifically said that all 2016 features would be delivered to existing 2015 Nyon owners, they promised that before the year end. German owners got their update in August last year, shortly after Bosch made the announcements for the 2016 MY info.

They have also had many updates since that 2016 MY update in August, hence their current level of 1.5.1.0.

When more UK owners come on and report their software levels we will be in a better position to make assumptions about what is wrong here, I already have my thoughts, but will keep them to myself until others come on and contribute.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I regret updating mine this time last year, it's never communicated with my computer since.

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
Hi Plasmadaddy, appreciated.

So, that has buggered up my theory then if you have the latest and you are in the UK. I have no idea why the system lets some people upgrade and others not.

I am at a loss now then as to what I do next. I guess I am going to have to contact my dealer and ask them to look into it.

I was rather hoping that all UK owners were going to be at the same level as mine as then I do not have an issue with my unit.

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
I regret updating mine this time last year, it's never communicated with my computer since.
Mine seems to work just fine.

Heard some horror stories so was reluctant to upgrade to Nyon but was promised that it was worth it when I bought the bike.

Must say, so far so good!

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
Hi Plasmadaddy, appreciated.

So, that has buggered up my theory then if you have the latest and you are in the UK. I have no idea why the system lets some people upgrade and others not.

I am at a loss now then as to what I do next. I guess I am going to have to contact my dealer and ask them to look into it.

I was rather hoping that all UK owners were going to be at the same level as mine as then I do not have an issue with my unit.
Pleasure!

To be fair, it was updated prior to me picking up the bike so I didn't actually do anything. My dealer had it all set up for me....

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
can you still play super mario world lol ;)

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Croxden, what software level are you at please?
Don't know, where do you look for it.

Just had a look on my computer to see if it's there, it is last April I gave with it. I bought a Mio that worked better and can swop it about all my bikes.

I rarely fail to get to grips with anything, but the Nyon is engineered to cause frustration. In my opinion the Intuvia is worth paying a premium over the Nyon, not a fan.

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
Don't know, where do you look for it.

Just had a look on my computer to see if it's there, it is last April I gave with it. I bought a Mio that worked better and can swop it about all my bikes.

I rarely fail to get to grips with anything, but the Nyon is engineered to cause frustration. In my opinion the Intuvia is worth paying a premium over the Nyon, not a fan.
Go into the help section on the Nyon itself, it's st the very top.

I found it pretty simple to get to grips with. I like the fitness part best, keeps me motivated to ride harder!

nashdm2

Pedelecer
Jun 26, 2014
OK Guys, thanks, so, I defo have a problem with mine then as UK people are now reporting they are higher than 1.3.2.0.

Might sound a stupid question, but, Plasmadaddy and Eddie, you have always updated your in the UK, never been overseas and updated (long shot I know, but I have to ask) Thanks........

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Go into the help section on the Nyon itself, it's st the very top.

I found it pretty simple to get to grips with. I like the fitness part best, keeps me motivated to ride harder!
I'll have a look tomorrow and get back to you. OnBike also did an update for me believing it would sort it out. Even now, I can feel anger brewing just thinking about it, usually I'm a very calm unruffled type of a guy. It's my Archilles Heel.

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
OK Guys, thanks, so, I defo have a problem with mine then as UK people are now reporting they are higher than 1.3.2.0.

Might sound a stupid question, but, Plasmadaddy and Eddie, you have always updated your in the UK, never been overseas and updated (long shot I know, but I have to ask) Thanks........
Nope UK only!