Can an Active Line Plus climb?

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
my bike has the performance motor @63nm
63 Nm is nearly 25% more powerful than 50 Nm that's a big increase in power. Time trialists would sell their grand mothers for a 5% increase in power on a bike god knows what they would give for a 25% increase lol.

Reactions: Stumac62

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
So, are you out of the saddle charging up the hills with the motor on Turbo or is it more comfortable that that?
Not sure what Chris does but I never get out of the saddle to ride up hills when on my e-mtb, it doesn't seem to work very well. I do ride a bit that way on my e-racing bike, but most of the time I will remain seated on it while hill climbing too.

Reactions: Stumac62

Jowwy

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2018
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Do you use up a lot of the battery when climbing all those? I'm not going to be going 'mountain' climbing, just mainly our crumbling potholed roads! Do you use the motor on the flat or save it for the inclines?

cheers,
Stu.
I haven’t climbed them all in one ride....but they are tough long climbs on a normal bike, but not so on the E Beast. My climb home from work is 11.6 miles at circa 1200ft, it’s just steady but long, in sport mode over the full 30mile round trip of the commute a barely use 2.5 cubes of the 5 on the battery and that’s in sport/turbo mode all the way.

Morning commute 14.6miles, 3 mile climb at 400ft, then 11.6miles downhill
Return commute 11.6 mile climb home at 1200ft, 3 miles down hill to home

So it’s a varied commute, again at 18st 11lbs plus rear rack and bag, that’s a lot for the bike to carry and it doesn’t skip a single beat...

Reactions: Poolepete

Tawse57

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 28, 2019
Cannondale have a road e-bike out now. The below video shows it being ridden up the Italian Alps. I was interested to see that it has an Active Line Plus motor.

Reactions: Nev