Can you recommend a reasonably priced courier for trike delivery - Kent to Torbay?

Tara

Pedelecer
Aug 13, 2011
Torbay, South Devon
Ooh, I think I'm sorted now trike wise (good news) BUT, I need to get it here.....the trike is in Kent, and I'm in Torquay, South Devon (bad news)

I can't go and get it, as my little HiJet van is very prone to overheating, so I only tootle locally in it (up to Exeter maximum)

Do any of you know of a good courier company that could collect the bike for me please?
I know I can try Shiply and UShip for quotes, but I would prefer to use a recommended company / person if possible (hopefully with fairer rates that what I have seen Shiply ask for delivering trikes)

Many thanks in advance
Tara

p.s
You can PM me if you prefer :)

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Hi Tara,

I used a company called Spirit Couriers to move my 1100cc motorbike from Guildford to Hull and it cot £80.
They usually deal in motorbikes but have a word and they may help you. They were excellent.

Don`t worry that they are a bike company, I am quite sure they would be happy to fit the trike in if they have space. They deliver all over the country.

MovingYourBike.co.uk - Bike delivery service by Spirit Couriers

Steve

Last edited:

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Tara

Never dealt with them There are other if you search under bike delivery

The wont have feed back you cant buy through Ebay

Make sure you get a fixed price

Let us in to what Trike you went for

Frank

Tara

Pedelecer
Aug 13, 2011
Torbay, South Devon
Hi Tara

Never dealt with them There are other if you search under bike delivery

The wont have feed back you cant buy through Ebay

Make sure you get a fixed price

Let us in to what Trike you went for

Frank
The trike details are a little secret for now - knowing my luck, the sale will fall through and I'll look a right idiot. I don't want to tempt fate either, but I'll post back here as soon as my bum's on the seat ;)

Tara

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Hi Tara, Have you considered a return train trip? You should be able to put your trike in the bicycle compartments depending on the trains ... etc ... Where in Kent does the bike need to be picked up from?

Tara

Pedelecer
Aug 13, 2011
Torbay, South Devon
Hi Tara, Have you considered a return train trip? You should be able to put your trike in the bicycle compartments depending on the trains ... etc ... Where in Kent does the bike need to be picked up from?
Hi Km :)

I've just checked.......

National Rail Enquiries - Cycling and cyclists

'Tandems, tricycles, and bicycle trailers are not carried unless otherwise stated'

I suppose its down to the extra space taken up by the rear width of a trike - the one I hope to get folds at the centre, lessening the length, but the rear width remains the same.

Thanks though - it was a good idea.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Hi Km :)

I've just checked.......

National Rail Enquiries - Cycling and cyclists

'Tandems, tricycles, and bicycle trailers are not carried unless otherwise stated'

I suppose its down to the extra space taken up by the rear width of a trike - the one I hope to get folds at the centre, lessening the length, but the rear width remains the same.

Thanks though - it was a good idea.
I'd have a go anyway! ... or .. I suppose the ferry is out of the question?..you might have to go via France!

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Try RH Freight-but not sure they will deal on a one off basis-most of the obvious couriers will volume out the product-that means they will put a weight based upon the size-a trike could volume out at 200 kilos.
Dave
KudosCycles

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Tara if you are still without that Trike , a Classic Bike Mover might be the answer . In our Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club Magazine an advert . lists Welsh Classic Bike Movers , based in Barry , S.Wales , very competitive rates , fast pick-up and delivery service . Mobile ; Mike 07580 487265 . As an alternative, if you drive a small Van , couldn`t you hire one for the day and drive to Kent ?

Tara

Pedelecer
Aug 13, 2011
Torbay, South Devon
Thank you everyone for the replies; I really appreciate your advice.

I have found a fully insured 'white glove service' courier who will bring the trike to me next week (and for less than the cost of the return train journey)

I can't wait to get my wheels :)

Last edited: