Carrera Crosscity E - LCD Display

David Kirkpatrick

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 25, 2017
London
Hi I am new to Ebikes. I have recently bought the above bike for a work commute. It works great for that but now that I have got it I feel the need to tinker. I am thinking of doing my own conversion in the future but in the meantime I am trying to work out if I can upgrade the 790 LED controller it comes with to an LCD controller. Its pretty hard to work out if this is possible never mind what I should get.

So the Crosscity consists of:
8Fun/Bafang rear hub. I think the speed sensor is incorporated into this. there is a model number on it but I can find no information on this on the internet.
A King Meter 790 LED Controller. The website states this supports UART and analogue protocols.
The motor controller is Tianjin Santrol WZKD3613KA. I can find literally no information regarding this.

See pictures attached.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

David Kirkpatrick

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 25, 2017
London
Thanks D8veh,

As a general rule do you need to get a controller and a display together. I am getting the feeling their is not much standardisation going on in this industry.

I am trying to find a controller with DIN style outputs as all the wiring on the bike is done like this and is how the current controller is wired. I know they exist as I have seen them as part of kits on ebay. Can I even be sure pin outs will be the same even if I do find one.

D

Deleted member 4366

It's always best to buy the controller and LCD as a matched pair.