Carrera Crossfire-e Battery issue

Artmuzz

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2016
Scotland
I have been having an issue with the battery on my Crossfire-e electric bike since I bought it where sometimes the computer will not switch on even when I long press on the power button on the battery to reset. However, I have noticed that the pins that connect to my battery in the battery compartment are loose.

I took my bike to Halfords and according to a member of staff it will be £90 to replace the battery compartment. However I think this is a manufacturers defect and really I should get a replacement through my warranty as the 1 year warranty doesn't run out until a couple of months. I mentioned the warranty to the member of staff and he took a photo of the pins on the battery compartment with his mobile phone so he can send to head office to see about replacement through warranty.

Has anyone had issues like that and will the warranty cover it? I will post a photo of the pins soon.

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
The Crossfire-E has a 2 year warranty IIRC. And yes this should be a warranty issue if it is causing the problem.

I wouldn't necessarily expect that to be the problem though.

If your problem is only when switching on, and not the display switching off when in use, if you have one of the "original" Animal style display units, they can have issues with the power button on the display. My partner's got gradually worse until it wouldn't switch on at all.

It was replaced under warranty with one of the new style removable units.
Note that if you get a new display, the shop need to also order a new mount as well as a display as they are separate part numbers! (caused an extra week's delay for my partner getting her bike back!).

Artmuzz

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2016
Scotland
Thanks for the reply. The display unit I have is the original with the animal icons. I will mention this to Halfords. Glad to hear that I can get it replaced under warranty.