Carrera Crossfire-E speedometer security

Artmuzz

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2016
Scotland
I was wondering has any fellow owners of the Carrera Crossfire-E successfully disconnected the speedometer display from the bike? The reason I ask is because I am wanting to use my Crossfire-E to go shopping and it means locking my bike in the town centre. However, I am worried I will get the speedometer stolen if I leave my bike. Please advise.

D

Deleted member 4366

The Crossfire E LCD mounting bracket looks pretty sturdy. Others are not so strong. On my bikes, I usually chuck the crappy plastic bracket and make an aluminium plate that's a lot stronger, which fits over the stem. You can fold the edge down so that it's held in place at the back by the top handlebar clamp screws and the front by the stem screw. The LCDs are normally held to the plastic bracket by screws, so you make equivalent holes in the plate to fix it. Anybody that touches it will realise that it's not going to come off easily.

I often park my bike in town centres and shopping malls when I go shopping. I've never had a problem in the 5 years that I've been using LCDs. I can't say whether anybody ever tried or thought about nicking one.

• Informative
Reactions: VictoryV