Help! carrera vengeance e bike

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
It depends how old your Vengeance is: If it uses the older Phylion/Joycube SF-06 battery with the 5-pin SVD connector, then yes, it will (should) work (original charger part no. SSLC084V42X or the older JCLC084V42M). Newer Halfords bikes use different batteries with different connectors.

Powatechnic in Sheffield also do an interesting alternative with the SVD charger plug: it's faster charging at 3-amps rather than 2A (but costs more too).

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Yes, that looks like the older Phylion SF-06 battery to me; there'll be a label on the underside of the battery.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
It's possible. The smart BMS in the battery has two functions. A quick button press shows state of charge: SOC is based on voltage; 5 blue LEDS indicates the voltage is >38v (you could check this with a multimeter in the two end slots - a flat/discharged battery will measure <30v). A long button press shows state of health: SOH is based on usage over time (the BMS tracks the charge cycles/wear on the cells).

If you did a long press, 5-LED's on the battery could show it's healthy but the handle-bar display suggests it's low on charge.

Presumably you can't ride your bike again until you receive a replacement/working charger? Give the battery a full charge and see what happens.

tommyh7

Pedelecer
May 5, 2020
thats right i bought the charger today but want get it until next week some time i will keep you posted thanks

tommyh7

Pedelecer
May 5, 2020
Hi got the charger today plugged in the charger all went well the light turned red after about 1.5 hours fully charged but still saying battery is low when i press mode button it goes to three lights then flashes then defaults back to one then all three lights on the mode start to flash with battery still showing low?

Attachments

Last edited:

tommyh7

Pedelecer
May 5, 2020
my friend has a 36V LCD8H Meter With 5pins Waterproof Connector would this work with the bafang hub or not thanks

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
my friend has a 36V LCD8H Meter With 5pins Waterproof Connector would this work with the bafang hub or not thanks
It's the controller that needs to be compatible, not the motor. The LCD8H is a KT (Kunteng) LCD display and is only compatible with KT controllers.
i have found a similar display on ebay

would this be compatible
No, it wouldn't. Your LED display is a Kingmeter/Lishui display and the one in the ebay listing is a Kunteng (KT) display. The two systems are not compatible.

I wouldn't call myself an "expert" regarding Lishui controllers, but the following LED display might be compatible:

I think that the 810 LED display might also be compatible:

You should seek confirmation from another member that is more familiar with the Lishui systems and can confirm the above. Maybe 'Woosh' will be able to do so.

Dan

tommyh7

Pedelecer
May 5, 2020
Hi Dan thanks for that yes i will confirm with any other members before i buy but the link you sent for the 790 the connection is different from mine as mine has a waterproof connection or could i ask the supplier if he does that one sorry i am all new to this

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Hi Dan thanks for that yes i will confirm with any other members before i buy but the link you sent for the 790 the connection is different from mine as mine has a waterproof connection or could i ask the supplier if he does that one sorry i am all new to this
The following 810 display has a waterproof connector:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the display is made by King meter it will be compatible with Lishui controller.
The 780, 790, 810 etc,etc should all be compatible, as are the SW labelled ones and the likes of any that use the KM in the title like KM 575 or KM J-lcd.
But beware make sure it is made by KM as some displays look similar for instance the 880 display is made by KT and won't be compatible.
Make sure the led or lcd is voltage compatible.

A few KM displays compatible.

You can match any hub with any controller/led or Lcd as long as the latter three are 100% compatible, the hub doesn't care which electronics you use. Though Lishui and KT give less bother then other cheaper makes.

Last edited: