Carriers and bags

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I recently (on the advice of many here for the need to carry things), thanks again, bought this

It is amazing, well for me anyway, you all know these things exist.

I then wanted another for my other bike and saw the same (I thought) on ebay from an animal charity, new, unused, same £30 as Halfords, so I bought it, hell, I never knew these existed, with built in bags. They said MTX I thought they were the same.
IMG_2947.JPGIMG_2949.JPGIMG_2948.JPGIMG_2947.JPG
They are so light, the quality is amazing and they will never come off my bikes ever.

Reactions: thelarkbox

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Last edited:

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
£60 price difference is an incentive to accept an alternative attachment method as long as it holds..
Nah... You can get MTX DXP for around £60, so price difference can't be that high. MTX is just better, so it also costs more, but real difference is around £10 or £20... I think.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
£60 price difference is an incentive to accept an alternative attachment method as long as it holds..

Trust me they are going NOWHERE and both cost TOTAL £60 £30 each

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
MTX system is mostly about convenience. It takes two seconds to remove bag and two seconds to put it back on. It is useful when you lock bike and don't want to leave bag behind.
... but one way or another it is a good thing you have discovered pannier bags. It's a very useful thing.

Speaking of discoveries... have you heard about suspension seatposts?

I think you might like it as well.

Craiggor 2

Pedelecer
May 30, 2018
I have a similar one I bought about 8 years ago. The only problem I had was the stitching on one of the panniers began to come undone due to heavy loads. Mine where cheap eBay ones I solved the problem by using plastic number plate bolts and homemade plastic washers. There’s a few of the cheaper ones on eBay.

Attachments

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
MTX system is mostly about convenience. It takes two seconds to remove bag and two seconds to put it back on. It is useful when you lock bike and don't want to leave bag behind.
... but one way or another it is a good thing you have discovered pannier bags. It's a very useful thing.

Speaking of discoveries... have you heard about suspension seatposts?

I think you might like it as well.

I WOULD get one but after the crud catcher mudguard is fitted there is NO room as I like my seat low

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
I have a similar one I bought about 8 years ago. The only problem I had was the stitching on one of the panniers began to come undone due to heavy loads. Mine where cheap eBay ones I solved the problem by using plastic number plate bolts and homemade plastic washers. There’s a few of the cheaper ones on eBay.

I started buying "better value, rather than cheap" on amazon, rockbros etc, great value.