Cateye computer Enduro 8

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Hi....I bought a new computer to replace the one that was lost/stolen.
.....the odo reading on the old one was shy of 1000 miles.

Will someone please tell me how to enter the 1000 miles onto my new computer ?

....many thanks....Mike

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I have used three of these and quite like them (they have a nice thick robust wire). As stated its all in the instructions, though I would say its not that easy to understand how to set the ODO even from the instructions.

Regards

Jerry

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
...thanks guys...I have the instructions.
If you know how to input the figures into the computer, please tell me...can't figure that bit.
...much appreciated....cheers.....Mike

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
At the very top of the right-hand column, beneath the warnings in a dotted box.

Computer Set-up (For 1st use or after replacing the battery)

Step 2, select the measurement unit.

Follow the instructions for entering your existing odo reading.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
...cheers Blew it ....seen that but don't understand it.

....not 'gonna bother....thanks though....Mike

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
...cheers Blew it ....seen that but don't understand it.

....not 'gonna bother....thanks though....Mike
If you take out the battery, then put it back in you'll see km in the display. Press the large stop/start button and it will change to miles. (Each time you press it toggles back and forth from km to miles.)

With the miles showing, press the Set button and the display will move on to the next item, tyre diameter. Then as you set each item in turn, press the set button each time to retain what you've set and to move on to the next item.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Thx Flec, I will give it a go, as would like to upgrade my pitfull mileage this year to prove i am not such a lazy git/couch potato, its all about the image:cool:

Last edited:

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Cheers Flecc...I've got that and all the different operations are working fine.
....I bet you know how to input 1000 miles into the computer....that was my original query.
Jasper thinks you have already said that but I've read your message a dozen times and I cannot see it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As you say, I didn't spell out that part. You'll have to start again by clearing the settings, and to do that press the Start/Stop button on the base, the Mode button on the front and the Settings button at the rear all at the same time.

Than hold down the Mode button on the front for two seconds to show all zeros. You'll now be able to input your reading by pressing the Mode button on the front which increases the reading. You can set the decimal point position if required by pressing the Start/Stop button. When you have the reading right, press the Set button to lock it in.

Now you put in the wheel diameter again and press Set, then carry on to complete.

Last edited:

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
The problem with all these computers is that you have to perform lots of functions with only about three little buttons. I have used an Enduro 8 for years, but always have to refer to the manual if I need to alter anything - it's hardly intuitive!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The problem with all these computers is that you have to perform lots of functions with only about three little buttons. I have used an Enduro 8 for years, but always have to refer to the manual if I need to alter anything - it's hardly intuitive!
Rather like the wireless linked atomic-time watches and clocks, minimal buttons and various sequence stages for resetting at each battery change. In both cases it's worth learning the basic procedures since they are usually very similar for all makes, making it quite easy to quickly adapt to any new one of any of these bought.