Chief eZee Operator

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the stage 3 account Wai Won, certainly not the easiest of conditions to ride in. It's true what you noted on the differing current consumptions of the two of you, something I've regularly drawn attention to in here when criticising some magazine bike tests. All too often we see ranges resulting from rider ability rather than the electrical ability of the bike on test. This is particularly true of pedelec only bikes where it's impossible to test the bike only ability free of rider input.

However, the giveaway sometimes is the reported average speeds being well beyond the bike's assist speed limiting, showing that it's the rider being measured and not the bike. :rolleyes:

I look forward to following the progress of the Katima Mulilo to Cape Town ride on the link you've provided.

I wish a Happy and Successful New Year to you and Ken.

Last edited:

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
o o o

Well done for attempting that, I would not fancy breaking down in the dessert in the heat, one way to lose a bit of weight though. Wonder if charging with solar.
Do batteries work at such high temperture in the dessert, only one way to fine out i suppose.

good luck and happy xmas

thx

Bob