Chief eZee Operator

WaiWonChing

Pedelecer
Nov 27, 2007
Hi,

We have just completed the toughest tests ever for electric bikes, 3000 km from Katima Mulilio to Cape Town in 14 days, with 5 days over dirt road in the most challenging terrains. Read it at eZee SA - Advanced Electric Bicycles I have just returned to my desk, and it take sometime to do my own report and presentations.

Cheers!

W W Ching

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Congratulations to you both on the ride Wai Won, and also to the eZee bikes for the way in which they performed, some of us have been following it as it progressed.

Pedelecs Belgian forum member Joab kindly posted a reminder link about the ride on 6th February where some of us commented, here's the link to his post:

Katima to Capetown

Last edited:

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Absolutely brilliant Wai Won. I am really looking forward to your own report.

It is so impressive to see someone who seems to live for electric bikes doing so in such a spectacular fashion and I hope that one day I will be able to join you on a similar journey.

My own Torq 1 is still going strong after over two years (thanks in part to the free battery Wai Won generously sent me during that period where eZee had no distributor in this country). I am therefore not in the least surprised that eZee bikes completed such an arduous journey.

Congratulations!!

Pedro62

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 14, 2009
Hi Django, waiaon, I would like to join your club too. I have Forza. It is great at long distance riding. Maybe we all go on long ride one day, maybe from Spain to Portugal. It is nice there.

WaiWonChing

Pedelecer
Nov 27, 2007
Camino De Santiago

Hi Django, waiaon, I would like to join your club too. I have Forza. It is great at long distance riding. Maybe we all go on long ride one day, maybe from Spain to Portugal. It is nice there.
Hi,

Thank you all for the encouraging comments. I still have many trips planned in my pocket book. I still have about 3-4000 km (Lanzhou to Kashgar/Kashi) to do to finish the silk road section from Shanghai to Kashgar, entire north-south length of Chile (at least along their road available) but there is one pending this summer for the Camino de Santiago as promised by our distibutor in Spain from the French border to Santiago.

There is no fixed schedule yet, it will not be a fantastic expedition like the Africa or Silk Road, but those interested in this 1000 or so km ride for about 7 days, please kindly notify me at ezeebike@gmail.com so I could keep you posted if there is confirmation of the ride. I think this sector would be interesting for friends in the European region for it will be more easily arranged.

Meanwhile we posted some photo of the Africa ride on our website and will also put Ruperts' daily report. It seems that the blog on ezeebike.co.za is sometimes accessible and sometimes not.

Best regards
W W Ching

Pedro62

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 14, 2009
I like this area, it is very pretty part, although I do not like so much France.