Choosing a bike for a tall guy (over 6')

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
But whisper costs from £1-2k KTM costs £2-5k .
Whisper is pushing down the price close to woosh.
KTM is upping the brand and price to boot.
A company can choose their marketing model, low margin high volume sales or lower volume high margin.

Bikes using the Bosch and other expensive high end crank drives cannot directly compete on price with Chinese sourced models.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Had we sold our bikes through dealerships, we would have had our hands tied down by the very distribution system, for example, we would risk upsetting our dealers with frequent mid season revisions.
Hi Woosh, I think you may be wrong regarding dealers disliking upgrades and improvements. We too constantly strive to make better and better bikes. Our dealers not only welcome the improvements but often suggest them based on conversations with customers during regular ebike servicing. This is where having face to face contact with the end user, albeit through our dealer partners, is invaluable.

All the best, David

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Woosh, I think you may be wrong regarding dealers disliking upgrades and improvements. We too constantly strive to make better and better bikes. Our dealers not only welcome the improvements but often suggest them based on conversations with customers during regular ebike servicing. This is where having face to face contact with the end user, albeit through our dealer partners, is invaluable.

All the best, David
Morning David,

I did not say that dealers would dislike upgrades and improvements.
I said, frequent mid season revisions risk upsetting dealers. For example what would a dealer think if you decide to upgrade some of your 10AH batteries to 13AH batteries or change the specs of your motors to compete with my bikes in mid season? That's the disruption I talked about.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Morning David,

I did not say that dealers would dislike upgrades and improvements.
I said, frequent mid season revisions risk upsetting dealers. For example what would a dealer think if you decide to upgrade some of your 10AH batteries to 13AH batteries or change the specs of your motors to compete with my bikes in mid season? That's the disruption I talked about.
Hi Woosh, They wouldn't mid at all. Anything to improve the bikes would be hugely appreciated as long as we had stock of new components. We always do!

Dealers are a very important and integral part of any good vehicle business. As long as you work closely with them they are fantastic to deal with.

All the best, David

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Woosh, They wouldn't mind at all. Anything to improve the bikes would be hugely appreciated as long as we had stock of new components. We always do!

Dealers are a very important and integral part of any good vehicle business. As long as you work closely with them they are fantastic to deal with.

All the best, David
then you should consider doing it! none of our bikes have 10AH now, minimum battery capacity is 13AH (minimum 11.6AH for in-frame batteries).

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
then you should consider doing it! none of our bikes have 10AH now, minimum battery capacity is 13AH (minimum 11.6AH for in-frame batteries).
Hi Trex, there is really no need to get so aggressive or defensive again. We are all working together here.

Kind regards, David

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
agressive? when? Healthy competition yes.

Tony.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Tony, looking at the tone of the post, I thought Trex was back!

No hard feelings let's keep working side by side, albeit in friendly competition. Its the best way.

All the best, David

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hatti and I take your comments in that spirit, David, always. We always act on any of your criticism because we know you know what you talk about.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Getting back to the main topic, this is a picture of a tall guy on a Woosh Crusa.

He is 6ft2. The bike is the new Woosh Crusa, our latest new bike.
We love it so much that we want as many early adopters as possible. The Crusa is on introductory offer at £749 with 13AH battery.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?crusa

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Baby steps.. a long way to catch up with Amps but thank you very much, David.