Choosing a new bike.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Quick question re a new Wisper bike. I am thinking of buying a new Wisper 905 or Tailwind to replace my Wisper 705t. The give the option of a full throttle which is something I am not interested, on our present 705 t it has a throttle which we just used for starting off on slight inclines etc. Does this sort of throttle come as standard on Wisper bikes or do I have to pay for a full throttle.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A std fit Wisper throttle will be set for 6km/h walk assist , if you want a full legal operational one then it costs extra to thave the bike tested and passed at a testing station for UK law.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
A std fit Wisper throttle will be set for 6km/h walk assist , if you want a full legal operational one then it costs extra to thave the bike tested and passed at a testing station for UK law.
As well I think the standard one will effectively give you maximum assist, whatever assist level you have set (well Jan's does) - useful for going up hills without having to change the assist level

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for clearing that up. I just don’t understand why they need a full throttle on a pedal bike, at 75 I love cycling, but I will say the little boost using the the throttle on the 705t starting off was a great help at times. Will have a look at other bikes instead now.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Full throttle can be really useful for people with some disabilities. (real disabilities, not just laziness)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Quick question re a new Wisper bike. I am thinking of buying a new Wisper 905 or Tailwind to replace my Wisper 705t. The give the option of a full throttle which is something I am not interested, on our present 705 t it has a throttle which we just used for starting off on slight inclines etc. Does this sort of throttle come as standard on Wisper bikes or do I have to pay for a full throttle.
Hi Denwyn,

All our bikes come with an assistance regulator, either thumb operated on the Tailwind/Wayfarer or twist grip on the Traditional bikes. These devices will power the bike without pedaling up to 4mph, to get you going and will enable the rider to switch easily and without pressing buttons when they need more power. The full throttle is operated by the same controls but is not supplied as standard.

I dont use a bike with a throttle either but the availability does make e-cycling even more inclusive for those that need it.

All the best, David

Reactions: Peter.Bridge