City of London E Cop!

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Well done David, your bike now joins an every growing list of electric bikes being used by the police around the UK, A few I know of, London parks police, Dover harbour police, Birmingham airport police, lancashire police, Bristol police, Wiltshire police, North wales police. I am sure there are more, any dealers want to add the list?
I know Powered Bicycles were demonstrating to North Wales police a few years ago. I'm not sure if anything came of it though.

Police using poweredbicycles Photo Gallery

tonio

Pedelecer
Aug 15, 2009
Lithium Sulphur batteries.

originally posted by Wisper Bikes
If we can get the EU to make the change, I believe it will be a massive advance in favour of very light electric vehicle acceptance.

We hope to be adding a Lithium Sulphur battery to our bikes in 2012 which (hopefully) will be the next big thing in battery technology and will boost the green credentials of electric vehicles even further.
Could that mean a 1kg battery with high amps for an ebike? sounds very stealthy;) Also the potential for a 300 mile range in an electric car. Now that would be revolutionary. Any more info on these forthcoming Wisper batteries or is it top secret? Keep up the good work, the internal combustion engines days are numbered. Just think no more oilwars.{Just rare earth ones.}

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
thats the thing, sulphur thankfully not that rare or expensive....lots of stuff on Google about this technology. could this be the holy grail of e biking? Probably not! lol. I await Fleccs opinion!:D

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
If we can get the EU to make the change, I believe it will be a massive advance in favour of very light electric vehicle acceptance.

We hope to be adding a Lithium Sulphur battery to our bikes in 2012 which (hopefully) will be the next big thing in battery technology and will boost the green credentials of electric vehicles even further.
Hi David,

I agree with you, Lithium Sulphur technology is really fascinating and i personally see it spreaded across lev's in the near future. Having a good chat with battery engineers last month I was told that future certainly might be there but it needs a bit more time for trials and characteristics optimasation. Particulary the life cycle needs to improve as currently achievable 250cycles is currently a bit low.

I believe that Li-S will certainly be used more in lev's whereas lifepo4 will find more application in electric cars, trucks and busses. Time will show:)

All the best

Andrew

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
North Wales

I know Powered Bicycles were demonstrating to North Wales police a few years ago. I'm not sure if anything came of it though.

Police using poweredbicycles Photo Gallery
Hi Caph

We supplied about 10 Wispers to them 3 years ago now. I have not personally been in touch with them for a while though.

All the best

David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Andrew, the guys we are working with are predicting nearer 1000 cycles now, but that may be wishful thinking. However they are now producing their first cells in lab conditions, they have told us we will have our first test batteries ready by June, I will keep you informed. The problem of course is that although power density is expected to be as much as four times Li Po. the price per Wh will be about the same. So even though we may be able to fit a 2000Wh battery into a Wisper which would give a range of about 200 miles, not many people are going to want a £2000.00 battery on their bike! Hence we are working now on a new bike for 2012 that will have a 500Wh battery in 1/4 the space.

Apparently they are in very mature talks with some of the German car manufacturers which of course is where the money is!

All the best

David