Complete Wheel set for 29er

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi IR772

Don't know if this interests you or not. PM me if it does.

Some time back, like you, I decided I would like a spare wheelset for my 2014 Cube Reaction Hybrid Race 29 so that I could put thinner road tyres on and just change wheels, not the hassle of tyres.

Shortly after that the opportunity of a really good deal came up on a KTM bike. So now I have an even better solution. A trekking bike and a MTB, both with the same drivetrain, engine, battery etc.

This leaves me with a complete pair of very lightly used 29er wheels hanging up in the garage doing nothing.

They are complete with hubs, skewers, discs, tyres and 10 speed casette.
They are sunringle rims (with green flashes), Rapid Rob front tyre, Continental Trail King rear tyre, (both with little wear) 180 disc on front, 160 on rear. The 10 speed cassette is part of an XT drive train.

If this link works it should take you to a decent size photo of the bike

http://www.damianharriscycles.co.uk/prod/ele_0017_cz/cube-reaction-hybrid-race-29-2014-electric-bike

Anyway, as I say, if they are of any interest to you ... or anyone else ... just PM me and I'm sure we could agree a sensible price.

Cheers
Tony

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Oh FFS. Typical!

I should have waited!

Chain reaction delivering tomorrow, thanks for the offer they would have been perfect for me as I an not a keen mechanic.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah but you got some bad ass wheels now as you only get wheels like that on the top end bikes.

wait till you pick one up and compare it to what you have id say you just taken off at least 500g over both wheels ;)

Reactions: IR772

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oh FFS. Typical!

I should have waited!

Chain reaction delivering tomorrow, thanks for the offer they would have been perfect for me as I an not a keen mechanic.
Sorry .. only noticed the post tonight. Still like SW says .. enjoy those light wheels :)
Guess you've prompted me to advertise them on the for sale section

• Agree
Reactions: IR772 and soundwave

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Thanks for the offer.

Best of luck selling them.

I have the SW guarantee that what I have bought will all fit together.:confused:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
all you have to do is change the rear wheel end caps to the qr ones, fit the cassette and bolt on the disc brakes and fit the tyres and tubes.

its 500g with out tubes mind. ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
dont forget you get 1 year to return them if you dont use them with cr ;)

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
all you have to do is change the rear wheel end caps to the qr ones, fit the cassette and bolt on the disc brakes and fit the tyres and tubes.

its 500g with out tubes mind. ;)
Glad it's so easy.

dont forget you get 1 year to return them if you dont use them with cr ;)
I am hoping they are going to get pretty regular use.

Just have to decide what to put on what.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
do you have a front axle or is it qr?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0687_01.JPG

axle is the one on the right, 2 left are qr ;)

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
SW, you forgot to tell me to order two sets of brake disks !!!

The wheels are set for axle so I have to pull the carriers out and replace them for the QR ones shown in your picture?

Just pliers and pull ?

Could not find a youtube video to show this bit being done.

The axle and spline is already fitted, do I need to remove that to grease it before fitting the gears.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i thought you got the ones you gave in the link as dont come with any fitted none do.

end caps just pop on and off.

if the hub has been fitted then it is ready for the gears to be fitted.

Reactions: IR772

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Great video thanks, explains the diagram that comes with the bits.

Being a DH I only ordered 1 brake disk ! So I will have to get a second.

Everything else looks ok, tomorrow morning going to put it together so there may be more questions then.

Not sure what to do with tyres yet. May put one Marathon plus mtb and one Smart Sam on to give them a try, once I have the second brake disk.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the wheels should have everything there that you will need but when you fit the new discs you might have to adjust the calipers a bit so they dont rub.

only way round this is to have the same make discs on both wheels. but you might be lucky ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Hold on.

If I want to be able to swap wheels easily shall I order two Tektro Auriga 180mm which are what is on there now ?

My existing are QR and I have the QR here for the new wheels so that is not changing even though they are stronger and quieter.

I want swap ability.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
thats what i would do and send the one you bought back to cr for a refund.;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
did you get any valves with them or any spare spokes ?

Related Articles

Advertisers