Completely new to this-advice appreciated

Vicky Graham

Just Joined
Apr 30, 2018
sunderland
Hello everyone.
I have a mountain bike at the moment and have had a couple of bad experiences when struggling on a climb (unfit, dodgy knee). I cant bring myself to ride again so was thinking the back up of an electric bike means I can tackle climbs without having to worry, whilst hopefully building my fitness.
The type of riding I will be mainly doing is along railway lines/cycle paths, but i would really like to be able to do some very light off road with my family. I dont fancy a mountain bike as I would like to be sat upright. I like the idea of a step through, love the look of the Volt Kensington, but thinking it wont be able to tackle the offroad stuff?
Do you have any recommendations please? My budget is a max of £1500. I am 5.5 in height and weigh 88kg.
Thanks for any advice.
Vicky

• Agree
Reactions: KwikFold

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think the Woosh Santana 2 would suit you Vicky. Step-through, upright style and with a powerful rear wheel motor it will give plenty of assistance. With a choice of two battery sizes, both well within your budget, your height and weight are well inside the specification.

Information link

Last edited:

Vicky Graham

Just Joined
Apr 30, 2018
sunderland
T
I think the Woosh Santana 2 would suit you Vicky. Step-through, upright style and with a powerful rear wheel motor it will give plenty of assistance. With a choice of two battery sizes, both well within your budget, your height and weight are well inside the specification.

Information link
Thanks so much. It seems to tick all the boxes. Ive rang and spoke to a lovely and very knowledgeable lady. I'm just waiting to find out if my hubby can do cycle to work scheme.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
T

Thanks so much. It seems to tick all the boxes. Ive rang and spoke to a lovely and very knowledgeable lady. I'm just waiting to find out if my hubby can do cycle to work scheme.
That's good Vicky. You probably spoke to Hatti there, she's the boss so you're in good hands.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
T

You will already be in Hatti's good books with that online remark :D.

Reactions: flecc

KwikFold

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2018
Midlands
www.kwikfold.co.uk
Hello everyone.
I have a mountain bike at the moment and have had a couple of bad experiences when struggling on a climb (unfit, dodgy knee). I cant bring myself to ride again so was thinking the back up of an electric bike means I can tackle climbs without having to worry, whilst hopefully building my fitness.
The type of riding I will be mainly doing is along railway lines/cycle paths, but i would really like to be able to do some very light off road with my family. I dont fancy a mountain bike as I would like to be sat upright. I like the idea of a step through, love the look of the Volt Kensington, but thinking it wont be able to tackle the offroad stuff?
Do you have any recommendations please? My budget is a max of £1500. I am 5.5 in height and weigh 88kg.
Thanks for any advice.
Vicky
Hi Vicky,

Many of the KwikFold customers use their bikes on cycle paths, rail routes, canals and other leisurely trails. As we have Shimano 7 gears and thick tyres it performs well on a variety of terrains too.

If sitting upright is important to you then we have you covered. In addition if space is limited like many UK households, then our folding mechanism means you can store in it small spaces.

In terms of budget our Xite 3 retails at £1175, so we are well under budget.

Let me know if this helps at all...