Controller Display KT-LCD3. HOW do I slow walking pace down?

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
Hello All,
I find pushing my ebike up steep hill too quick at 6 mph. the only way I can think to do would be to change MPH to KPH making walking speed 6 KPH, but everything else will be in KPH.(not ideal)
Can I change the speed parameter for walking Speed?
Ta BH.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hello All,
I find pushing my ebike up steep hill too quick at 6 mph. the only way I can think to do would be to change MPH to KPH making walking speed 6 KPH, but everything else will be in KPH.(not ideal)
Can I change the speed parameter for walking Speed?
Ta BH.
Why worry? You will just think that you are going faster than usual!
My guess is that the pushing speed is far more important than what units are showing!
regards
Andy

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
Why worry? You will just think that you are going faster than usual!
My guess is that the pushing speed is far more important than what units are showing!
regards
Andy
Hi Andy, I'm not worried but if its not possible to change The MPH push pace then I'll change it to KPH, but would prefer to change if possible. I like my max speed, Running speed, Trip & odometer in MPH.
Regards,
BH.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think if you change the units it will still keep the same actual speed; just change the display to 9.6 or whatever. Are all the other speeds displaying correctly as far as you can tell. Are you sure it's doing 6mph? Even 6kph could feel quite fast pushing a bike up hill.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi Andy, I'm not worried but if its not possible to change The MPH push pace then I'll change it to KPH, but would prefer to change if possible. I like my max speed, Running speed, Trip & odometer in MPH.
Regards,
BH.
Its easy to do a rough conversion to MPH from KMH in your head while riding:-

(Speed in KMH/3 [to one decimal place only, ignore the rest]) x2 = MPH.

Example for 10 KMH = 6.6MPH

An accurate conversion on a calculator would give 6.21371MPH

Difference of slightly more than a 1/3 MPH....

Just in case.....:)

Reactions: danielrlee

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Are you running your motor at it's rated voltage? over volting will make the walk speed increase.

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
Its easy to do a rough conversion to MPH from KMH in your head while riding:-

(Speed in KMH/3 [to one decimal place only, ignore the rest]) x2 = MPH.

Example for 10 KMH = 6.6MPH

An accurate conversion on a calculator would give 6.21371MPH

Difference of slightly more than a 1/3 MPH....

Just in case.....:)

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
I assume walk speed of 6 is the same in MPH & KPH, if it is possible to change this value to say..5 or 4 I could keep it on MPH. I feel sure the speed setting of 6 is the same in MPH & KPH.

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
I think if you change the units it will still keep the same actual speed; just change the display to 9.6 or whatever. Are all the other speeds displaying correctly as far as you can tell. Are you sure it's doing 6mph? Even 6kph could feel quite fast pushing a bike up hill.
I see what your thinking but I'sure its 6MPH....6KPH (under 4MPH) would be much easier.

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
Hi All, It would appear from all messages I've received that it is not possible to change the walking pace speed, Its 6 & stuck with it!... so just set the KT-LCD3 to KPH, walking pace is now 6 KPH. My Heart & I can keep up with that.

Bobbington

Pedelecer
Feb 20, 2019
One more thing While I'm on Here.....Can my controller that came with the 250W kit (26in Wheel), Handle a 350W Motor? I was thinking I would swap my Kit over to My 27.5 inch MTB . Then Purchase a 27.5 inch wheel with a 350W motor to a few Quid ?

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
If you change your wheel size to the max available on the display. To get you're 6 mph down to 6 kph 1.6 m/s you would need to go down to a 18"wheel and set your speed to around 25 mph the display will be slightly out by about 40%. True speed would be in the kph mark with mph on the display you can check as it should take 14 seconds to travel 100 m at 15 mph, you would also need a 260 rpm motor, but a 315 rpm motor would hit the sweet spot! Sorry Gaza o_O https://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html?wheel=18i&motor=MIGH_FST&autothrot=true&throt=78.4

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
315 rpm will be no good in 27.5" rim or any large size rim unless the terrain is always flat, hit an incline and it will struggle with poor torque and heat up.

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
Sorry never noticed op's reduced walk assist speed. 27.5" wheel would need a 210 rpm motor

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Walk assist is programmed in, I have not tried using a different wheel speed and don't see it will make much difference.