Controller for a 900 watt 36 volt brushless motor

Julian123

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2015
Hello, I have a 900 watt 36 volt brushless electric motor with a Hall connection and need a suitable controller, but I cannot find one anywhere! The highest wattage I have seen in 36 volts are 800 watt ones on Ebay, would one of these work with my motor and would the motor only then produce 800 watts? Are higher wattage controllers available in 36 volt and where could I buy one?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 4366

Which exact motor is it? Do you know the RPM?

The S12S controller from BMSBattery is about the best in that range. You have to buy other parts to go with it depending on what you alreasy have.

Julian123

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 10, 2015
Thanks for your reply, I don't know what motor it is as it's not marked, but it's made in China and I think it may have been specially made as it has a gearbox built into it, it's the drive motor for an electric ride on mower. The rpm would be variable with the controller, I guess max rpm may be around 3000. I've looked at the S12s controller but it's only 500w.

selrahc1992

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2014
Thanks for your reply, I don't know what motor it is as it's not marked, but it's made in China and I think it may have been specially made as it has a gearbox built into it, it's the drive motor for an electric ride on mower. The rpm would be variable with the controller, I guess max rpm may be around 3000. I've looked at the S12s controller but it's only 500w.
i think the s12s is 25 amps, which at 36 V is probably more like 8-900 watt, happilly BMS also sell the s12sh (35A) and s12sm(45A) if you want to push teh motor to its limits