Controller issue - full power has to be tricked

rosjen

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2008
A rather strange thing has started to happen with my controller. The setup is like this

8Fun rear motor.
A controller - not sure who makes it.
3 way power switch
Thumb throttle.

If I power on the bike in full power position everything is fine - full power is there. When I switch to low power mode and then try and get full power back again, it only goes to med power? I have to switch to low power, hold the throttle down and then switch to full power which sometimes tricks it into full power again but not all the time!

What is going on here?

rosjen

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2008
Well thanks for all the help, i saw it had been read many times;)

Turns out that what I thought was medium power was in fact my own legs, the pedelec sensor had been knocked out. It proves what we already know, ebikes make you fitter without the drama.

rob

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ditto, I had no answer for that error and just offering sympathy seemed pointless and not really helpful.

If we can help we always will.

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Just to make you feel that you're getting your money's worth, rosjen, me too. I've just read it, can offer no help, but I'm replying to help you feel better.

Do you want Christmas cards too?

A.

rosjen

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2008
I was offering genuine thanks as I knew people didn't know what to reply with.

But if your offering xmas cards, yes please! Also, don't forget my birthday (my wife shares the same date so that will save you money), oh, almost forgot the wedding anniversary as well - do the kids birthdays qualify?
:)

very generous of you- cheers
Rob