Controller with 9 PIN Julet/HIGO connections

David Kirkpatrick

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 25, 2017
London
Hi,

I am looking to change my controller and display for my carrera crosscity. It currently has Santrol controller with a king meter 790 LED display and a 8Fun rear hub motor (I presume its HALL as it uses a 9 pin cable). The issue I have is that that the bike is currently wired for JULET/HIGO connectors. All the controllers I have found are SM plug type connections.

I realise i could strip the connectors off and rewire but I would prefer not to. I have seen controllers with these type of connectors as part of complete kits but have not been able to find any for sale individually. Anyone got any suggestions.

Thanks,
David.

Reactions: Woosh
D

Deleted member 4366

Even if you get the right connectors, the chances are that they'll have the wrong pin-outs. The SM-type connectors are better in nearly all respects - that includes water damage. The only advantage of the moulded ones is that dunderheads can't get them mixed up.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
please post a picture of your 790 LED panel.

David Kirkpatrick

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 25, 2017
London
Even if you get the right connectors, the chances are that they'll have the wrong pin-outs. The SM-type connectors are better in nearly all respects - that includes water damage. The only advantage of the moulded ones is that dunderheads can't get them mixed up.
please post a picture of your 790 LED panel.

Attachments