Conversion kit for 27 inch wheel Schwinn

Growbag

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
Torbay, Devon
I own a Schwinn Voyageur with 27inch wheels. Fantastic bicycle which I would like to add a conversion kit to. Does anyone know if there are any suitable kits for bikes with 27 inch wheels as the riding position of the Schwinn suits me.

Schwinn Voyageur.jpg

Kramer

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2013
You could go for a crank kit, such as this one, and then you needn't worry about what size wheels your bike has.

D

Deleted member 4366

I cant't see how many spokes you've got due to the poor quality photo, but if it's 36, you can fit any hub-motor you want as long as you don't mind building your rim onto it with new spokes, otherwise get the 8Fun crank-drive kit from Woosh.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I own a Schwinn Voyageur with 27inch wheels. Fantastic bicycle which I would like to add a conversion kit to. Does anyone know if there are any suitable kits for bikes with 27 inch wheels as the riding position of the Schwinn suits me.

Great, another Schwinn fan!
The wheels are probably 700c, maybe check your tyre size?
Dave.

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011

Great, another Schwinn fan!
The wheels are probably 700c, maybe check your tyre size?
Dave.
And here's me thinking I had the only Schwinn Voyageur in the U.K! 12 years old and still going well with not one repair ever carried out. I do approx' 2k miles a year on it.

Growbag

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Thanks everyone for your help. Yep wheels 700c - sorry for any confusion
I've had my Schwinn Voyageur about a year, and bought it secondhand via ebay from someone in Torquay. Whether I modify this or buy a production electric bike I don't think I would ever be parted from the Schwinn :)

faversham222

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 19, 2013
I have just fitted a front wheel conversion that I bought without battery from E Bay £239 from Germany one hour to fit , so easy to fit never read the instructions but it goes great ,so simple 170906502724

barrycoll

Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2009
I have a 27 X 1 1/4" wheeled Mercian tourer sitting on my rollers right now

700c probably wouldn't fit the side pull brake calipers, being either slightly smaller or slightly bigger in diameter, but difficult to get 27" tyres now......

a lovely Reynolds 365 tubed touring bike, hand made in Derbyshire, but not worth much now