Courier companies?

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
The buyer of my Lady Wife's Kalkhoff has a problem which is a bit of a PITA for me too, so ... does anyone know of a courier company that he might be able to use to collect a bike from East Sussec and deliver it to Belfast when I'm not able to box or package the bike in any way?

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
Could you buy a cardboard bike box online and ask ebikes direct, in Bodiam, which courier they use?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
The buyer of my Lady Wife's Kalkhoff has a problem which is a bit of a PITA for me too, so ... does anyone know of a courier company that he might be able to use to collect a bike from East Sussec and deliver it to Belfast when I'm not able to box or package the bike in any way?
Difficult, to say the least!
Sending it with no protection, depending upon the delivery firms codes of business, may be a problem in the making.
Kangooroo seems to have offered a possible way.
Small parts might be boxed and sent separately of course.
I have sent sensitive equipment around the world, and I used to either have a crate made up, or a few times I made one myself.
Then filled to the top with packing material.
Using screws to hold it together.
As an alternative thought, if anyone on pedelec is going that way anyway and has space on their bike transport system, maybe they would bring it there for a reasonable price.
Insure fully separately of course.
Remember, if no damage is seen on the outside of a package, no delivers accept any damage on the "inside!" Therefore it must be packed PERFECTLY!
Andy

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020

Google "bike couriers" you might get a better price even if you buy the actual box from somewhere else. Or as suggested, ask the Bike shop to quote for a collection.
eg;

Last edited:
Reactions: danfoto

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
To be clear, someone (in Belfast) has bought your wife's bike (You are in Sussex) - we are all assuming from people's answers you have access to the bike and "not being able to package it" , is simply because you haven't got a suitable box and not another reason?

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
Remember, if no damage is seen on the outside of a package, no delivers accept any damage on the "inside!" Therefore it must be packed PERFECTLY! Andy/QUOTE]

Yes, this is essential. When I returned a bike to E-bikes Direct, I had to provide a photo showing how the bike was packed inside the box and a second photo of the box ready for transit for insurance purposes. Unless adequately packaged, they wouldn't carry it.

Looking back through my earlier posts, I can confirm the courier used by E-bikes Direct is Tuffnells.

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
Thank you one and all for your replies. There are several reasons why I won't get into packing the bike for transit, not the least of which is my very clear statement on the listing that if collected by a third party, the bike must be taken as seen in the photos i.e. without any packaging.

Having now explored a couple of other possibilities to try and help out the buyer, I've concluded that there's nothing else I can reasonably do for him. ATEOTD it's not my problem.