Cree light battery/battery mod/questions

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, there's lots of Ebay sellers (often Chinese) selling branded batteries very cheaply, which are not genuine. Often the "protected" ones aren't.

If you buy the light with batteries included, they're normally OK. The 4-cell packs for the Cree T6 X-ML lights that I've opened all had proper protection circuits.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Weirdly all of the site owners batteries score very highly...
I think the point he's making is that he stocks a variety of options, they are all tested before listing and realistic vs claimed results are given to make an informed choice. It's not just his own stuff that he sells and some of the others have better characteristics. They're also more expensive.

I've bought quite a bit from him and everything has been good quality. No problem at all over returns or replacements / refunds if anything doesn't arrive.

MikeyBikey

Pedelecer
Mar 5, 2013
Well I ordered an Amazon "CREE XML XM-L T6 1200 LM LED Cycling Bike Bicycle Front HeadLamp HeadLight Waterproof Design with 8.4v 6400mAh Battery Pack £12.99 Condition: New, Sold by coco_cool"
And many good reviews, one of which mentioned fitting "The standard handlebar mount isn't great but with the use of a longer bolt I was able to fit the light to a Hope universal bar clamp". Time will tell.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Finally arrived, very bright but the "zoom" is kinda rubbish tbh, fiddly and then once it's zoomed it doesn't seem loads brighter just a small square instead. Leaving it on the wide setting it seem great.

Still trying to get my head around the battery, it seems to discharge if just left which is weird so charge it till the light changes green then wake up and can charge it again...