Crystalyte 405 etc

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
For Sale - Hub Motor, Crystalyte 405, controller etc

I have a Crystalyte 405 hub motor, built in to a new 20 inch front wheel with a new 20 x 1.5 Schwalbe Marathon tyre and tube; a 36V to 48V, 35 A controller (with Cycle Analyst port); a twist grip throttle and a plug in Cycle Analyst that are now surplus to my requirements.

I purchased all the parts (except the tyre and tube) from www.ebikes.ca Homepage of the revolution, at a total cost of about £450 including shipping, duty and VAT. You can check the current prices on that site, but remember that shipping will be around $120 and import duty, a shipment handling charge and VAT will be payable on top of the displayed prices.

The motor, wheel, tyre and controller have been used for a total of approximately ten minutes from new on my recumbent, during which I decided that the motor was too powerful for me. The Cycle Analyst and throttle are new and unused, still in their wrapping.

I want to sell the whole package, not split it into separate components.

The shipping weight for the whole lot will be around 10kg.

Any reasonable offer accepted, bearing in mind that these components are, to all intents and purposes, new.

Note:
This kit has a power output that is considerably in excess of the UK legal limit limit and a bike fitted with it may exceed the legal assistance speed limit by a considerable margin.

Jeremy

Last edited:

giguana

Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2007
I just cracked my 406 motor because something fell in the spokes at speed and pulled the drum out and cracked.. i'm very interested. thx