Cub bought from Harrods in the seventies. Please view.

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
Off topic and in the wrong forum I know but did anyone see that beautiful touching story of the lion cub Christian who was adopted by two Aussie guys who brought it up in London where of course it grew too big. They then took it to Africa and released it under the supervision of George Adamson, they returned a year later, and that is where, if you see it, your emotions will surely kick in. Plenty of clips of ''Christian the Lion'' on You Tube, and wait for the reunion bit at the ends of any clips you choose. Apologies for off topic but we would all seem to be a nice lot on here and so I think would appreciate this lovely story.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes a great heartwarming story of how predator to human bonds can be so strongly established and last so well. It will be interesting to see if the bond lasts as well over a longer period if that experiment is attempted.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I do believe flecc, though I may be wrong, that Christian has now died.
I didn't see the whole story and didn't know of that. Was this due to the age of the story, since I believe the events were some while ago?

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
I think that the guys bougt the cub in the seventies so some time ago now. I saw on one of the YT clips that George Adamson thought that Christian had died because he hadn't seen him for a long time, and thought he had died alongside a river that Christian frequented, I can't remember the clip that I saw this on though, if I see it again I'll let you know.
My personal favourite clip, because of, I think, the great music, and the crescendo to the actual second of the reunion is: Christian the Lion MTWSC whatever those letters stand for.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I didn't realise it was that long ago. In the wild male lions commonly only make around 9 years or so, but in captivity one did get into the mid 20s, though that's extremely unusual.

I haven't a clue what that MTWSC stands for. :confused: