Custom made brompton front ruck sag enquiry

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Hi all

I am planning to make my ruck sag compatible to brompton front block. I have a spare front frame to convert. The idea is to carry the battery easily when the bike is folded

Does anyone know what is the way to convert it?

Thanks
Pat

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Can't you just put your 2 backpack shoulders to the front frame one?

Then just use the backpack horizontal clip to prevent lateral movement

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Hi cwah

I have tried but the battery inside shifts the bag when ride. Not very secure.

Pat

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
What about making 2 holes on the side of your backpack to clamp the battery to the front frame?

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
What about making 2 holes on the side of your backpack to clamp the battery to the front frame?
Thanks. What is the best way of doing it? I still want the ruck sag waterproof after the process.

Pat

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Probably the best way to do it is to use a sewing machine and create a custom bag.

Simplest way is probably to just use scissor to cut 2 holes, they use a strap/clip to have it through the battery box and front frame. So you can just unclip it when you want to use your backpack.

Not sure how to make it waterproof.. but if it's well covered water shouldn't go in

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Yes it will be soon.

I am going for a easy detached solution. Basically strapping Velcro on my bag to the frame and I am still waiting them to come.

I will post photos when it is complete

Pat

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Promised for the photos and update

Two straps are here today quickly testing them

Mounted two straps at the bottom to hold the bag in place. Since the plastic bottom of the frame has taken the load, both straps are holding the bag toward the frame rather than taking the total weight of the bag.

Same for the buckles which hold the bag in place.

The top Velcro holds the bag to the brompton handle bar

Finished! Just had a ride seems this is very stable and bag doesn't shift at all.

Very happy about the results. Now I can carry the heavy battery at the back when pushing the folded brompton !

Pat