Cyclamatic £319.99 for a day.

danlincoln

Just Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Pragmatic Cyclamatic

I have had a Cyclamatic (Folder) now for over a year and it is still going strong.
I live in Bristol, UK which is built on 7 (steep) hills where I use the bike everyday, including the weekends, for around approx 10 miles a day. The only problem I have had is the rear spokes needed tightening from electric motor torque and I needed to replace the incredibly cheap brake blocks for good quality ones.
In retrospect I should have had it serviced as soon as it arrived to check the construction integrity but all in all it has become a more reliable work horse for my commute than our families FIAT Multipla which is always breaking down.
I have a few friends and colleagues at the BBC with electric bikes that cost them around the £1000+ mark which they have had to have repaired more than my cyclamatic. So more money does not seem to mean less mechanical problems.
Until the next generation of lighter, longer ranged more refined electric bikes comes out it seems a no brainer to get a solid yet cheaper alternative to the £1000 outlay that most other PAB folders seem to demand.
I'll keep you all informed as the life of my bike extends with any problems and revelations that arise.
Lets get as many people out of cars and on these things I say, so the cheaper the better. So long as it works of course.
Hope this helps the weary.
Dan

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I have had a Cyclamatic (Folder) now for over a year and it is still going strong.
I live in Bristol, UK which is built on 7 (steep) hills where I use the bike everyday, including the weekends, for around approx 10 miles a day. The only problem I have had is the rear spokes needed tightening from electric motor torque and I needed to replace the incredibly cheap brake blocks for good quality ones.
In retrospect I should have had it serviced as soon as it arrived to check the construction integrity but all in all it has become a more reliable work horse for my commute than our families FIAT Multipla which is always breaking down.
I have a few friends and colleagues at the BBC with electric bikes that cost them around the £1000+ mark which they have had to have repaired more than my cyclamatic. So more money does not seem to mean less mechanical problems.
Until the next generation of lighter, longer ranged more refined electric bikes comes out it seems a no brainer to get a solid yet cheaper alternative to the £1000 outlay that most other PAB folders seem to demand.
I'll keep you all informed as the life of my bike extends with any problems and revelations that arise.
Lets get as many people out of cars and on these things I say, so the cheaper the better. So long as it works of course.
Hope this helps the weary.
Dan
Well written Dan

WE have 2 Cyclamatic folders and my wife has the power plus MTB as well and no complaints from this end either.

Dave

CeeGee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2009
Weybridge, UK

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
I've just seen and read this thread and found it both interesting and entertaining.
I'm a Cyclamatic folder owner rider and am very happy with it for what I need it to do. I know this bike would not do everything for everyone and that it's shelf life may be limited but I went in knowing this might be the case and was happy to do so.

There are pro's and cons for all things and you have probably realised there is no point to this post so I'm off :D

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Quite refreshing to read these posts on the Cyclamatic.
As possibly the first to bring the forums attention to the Cyclamatics I'm pleased purchasers have been happy with them.
They are without doubt among the best economy ebike's available with a good back up from the retailer.

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
For anyone who is interested in purchasing a Cyclamatic...SportsHQ have told me that the Cyclamatic's will be seeing a price increase after December, to £499.99. They also told me that further discount code promo's are likely before Christmas. Also if you sign up with TopCashBack you can get a further 10% off the bike.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
For anyone who is interested in purchasing a Cyclamatic...SportsHQ have told me that the Cyclamatic's will be seeing a price increase after December, to £499.99. They also told me that further discount code promo's are likely before Christmas. Also if you sign up with TopCashBack you can get a further 10% off the bike.
I reckon it`s worth putting a new thread up with this info.