Cyclamatic £319.99 for a day.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
If they are that good why have they still got stock?????? personally im not tempted at all :D
You are far to sensible for this thread:D

Dont worry someone will be along soon to educate you......... As to why you where fooled by sales jargon into buying a decent bike, when you could have had a far better rubbish one for peanuts.......Be careful with your personal details though, the TAX MAN is lurking...I think it is really a 12 year old playing on his mums computa:p

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Or hes the official spokesman for cyclamatic :D .
P.s i have hid the ferrari & the yacht :p
many a true word spoken in jest! ;)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Gone very quiet.......wonder what his Mum made him for tea:D

Andy_82

Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2008
I rather think Sports HQ is pulling out of the market. I very weel know what what they buy these bikes for and is nearly what they probably paid.

From £319.99 also count that they give a free shipping, (cost least £15)

have to pay a CC processing fee a minimum of 2% ( another £6)

Oooops, forgot it does include VAT so another 17.5% ( £59.99)

so deduct all above = £239

This is the price they paid for it. I'm sure they knocking them out and I would be here seriously concerned about getting a warranty and service in the future.

Remember, you get what you pay for and from my point of view these guys surely don't make even a quid on the whole thing. they are simply selling out to get rid of stock quickly

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Yes, of course it is just selling techniques.

I still maintain as I said in the previous thread that prices like the 399 and 319 are clearance prices, either due to overstock or old stock needing urgent clearance due to battery ageing. The 499 of a year ago was just about possible for a bike of that spec using bottom end components to be sold online at rock bottom margins. Since then the exchange rates have changed dramatically for the worse, hence the big leap in so many bike and battery prices, and my disbelief.

Even the huge Tesco when they got into e-bikes could only offer an all-steel, lead-acid battery bike with the old outrigger Currie motor for 349, and the largest bike retailer Halfords could only get down to 799 when entering the market. I've no idea of SportsHQ's actual size, but they are far smaller than those two.
SportsHQ's parent company appears to be Golf Outlets of America - Golf Clubs and Golf Equipment whom claim to be one of the worlds biggest sports suppliers.
I'm not disputing the fact that the expensive ebikes are better than the cheap one's, thats obvious. Its what makes them so much better, who makes the components and why are they so much more expensive? This is very much a learning curve for me because I don't believe anyone sets up a huge multi million pound industry to fail. One thing I know for sure, manufacturers in China produce for many outlets and many ebikes share components with cheaper brands as well as more expensive ones, you only need do a little research to see that.
With regards to SportHq clearing stocks of the Cyclamatic bike, that may well be the case. I don't believe its because of the batteries because both of mine are dated July and September 09. Maybe they havn't sold as well as expected and their clearing them for the new models they claim to be expecting. Only time will tell.
I recently purchased a new Triumph motorcycle, I can see the value in that for £6000+ but not a bicycle with an electric motor on.

Last edited:

Herb

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2009
Question – How do you turn a £319.00 unloved cheepy into a much loved and treasured E-Bike.

Answer - Take it apart, rebuild it yourself , tie it together with electrical tape and cable ties.

You will glow with pride, overlook any of its shortcomings and congratulate yourself on a wise investment.

Herb

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Gone very quiet.......wonder what his Mum made him for tea:D
I'm flattered that you should think I'm so young. Unfortunately I'm probably old enough to be your grandfather and your childish comments only make me smile because I know I'm getting to you. This argument can never be resolved because there are people like you who believe expensive is better and there's people like me who have learn't from a lifetimes experience, that isn't always the case. You have owned and sold an expensive ebike, if so good why sell it? I on the other hand will use and maintain mine until I die because it will last at least that long irrespective of whether that is sooner or later. There is nothing on it that can't be replaced cheaply apart from the battery and prices of those will come down.
Now a question for you, what do you think will go wrong with a cyclomatic that makes them such a bad buy.
I bet you dress yourself from Primark so as to afford your new Wisper.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I rather think Sports HQ is pulling out of the market. I very weel know what what they buy these bikes for and is nearly what they probably paid.

This is the price they paid for it. I'm sure they knocking them out and I would be here seriously concerned about getting a warranty and service in the future.

Remember, you get what you pay for and from my point of view these guys surely don't make even a quid on the whole thing. they are simply selling out to get rid of stock quickly
Andy

You might well be right and they are pulling out of the market for E bikes but that doesn`t make them a bad buy for the money. It could easily make them the buy of the century!

Personally I`m of the opinion that it might not be long before any parts dry up. That doesn`t bother me at all, I`ve already made contact with a guy who can possibly build me a new hub into my wheel and supply a new controller. What else do I need?

I really don`t know why members on here are getting all up tight! if you don`t want to buy one then don`t buy one! All you are doing is preventing the lurkers on here from coming forward if they have bought anything below £500 and that`s a shame because we all might learn something from them and the insinuation that the anyone who takes a chance and buys something that is reasonable in price is a fool who is coerced buy the RRP that nearly every high street store uses to make things look good is just a load of cobblers.
My father once told me to remember that there aren`t any fools in the world
and you know what! he wasn`t far wrong although reading some of the remarks on this thread I wonder if he was right;)

Now when I joined i was told that I had purchased a load of rubbish at around £600 and should have come on here and taken advice before taking the plunge (of course I was being treated like the fool i wasn`t) but let me just point you to the google add at the bottom of the pedelec home page where it says E bikes from £349. That link takes you to where I purchased my first bike, if that`s a rubbish company then whats it doing on here? and BTW they now have added more bikes giving them now eight instead of the original three inc new stock of the bike I purchased and am told once again that spares are in stock.

So! come on you guys, lighten up a bit cos it aint your money we are spending.

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex

I'll bet SportsHQ's parent company in the states paid a lot less than that.
It really doesn't take a lot of working out. SportDirect were selling a Dunlop signature mtb with full suspension, disc brakes and 18sp shimano gears for £60 with free delivery before Christmas. It wasn't a sell off cos they still have them. What do you think they paid from the manufacturer? Add an electric kit at cost and you have an ebike costing peanuts.
I would imagine the recession has hit these companies and they want to generate some quick sale's to fund new stocks. Time will tell.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
So you're on here peddling your own stock then?
No! he is just winding you up

Dave

Onmebike, I`ll fire up my rig tonight and try to catch you at the top of the 80Mtr band? What do you say?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I'm flattered that you should think I'm so young. Unfortunately I'm probably old enough to be your grandfather and your childish comments only make me smile because I know I'm getting to you. This argument can never be resolved because there are people like you who believe expensive is better and there's people like me who have learn't from a lifetimes experience, that isn't always the case. You have owned and sold an expensive ebike, if so good why sell it?
OMG I have my very own stalker!

Just keep on digging......your assumptions regards buying habits are so naive as to be laughable. The more you write the more you reveal what a dip stick you are. Your verbal diarrhoea reveals far more about your motives then my sillly comments. Now for goodness sake! get back on topic you are damaging your sales you plonker!:p

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
Blimey, this thread is good spectator sport! Or do I mean knockabout farce?
Those who take themselves too seriously vs. Those who like to stir things up.
Edit: Oh great, now we're into personal abuse!

Last edited:

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
OMG I have my very own stalker!

Just keep on digging......your assumptions regards buying habits are so naive as to be laughable. The more you write the more you reveal what a dip stick you are. Your verbal diarrhoea reveals far more about your motives then my sillly comments. Now for goodness sake! get back on topic you are damaging your sales you plonker!:p
You have a stalker, I have two still boxed they're 9fdx's must have had them for 30yrs. You are talking about side band radio's?
Well I suppose this has gone far enough but I started this thread and you all invited yourselves in so don't blame me.
Okay, the honest truth is. I'm retired and have absolutely no interest in Cyclomatics although I bought one just for the crack, at the price they're a throw away item. I'll probably never use it other than to go up the shops as I have a car and a couple of motorcycle's, but I maintain there is nothing that can't be fixed on them so anyone with concerns shouldn't have.
Now I've been asked to let it go, I shall. But you've got to admit it did liven things up.
I can't believe you really thought I was a SportsHQ mole, I certainly missed my vocation in life.
It would be interesting to know though, did anyone buy a cyclomatic in the sale? Come on Eddieo admit it, you did didn't you. I'll get you Wisper stickers if you tell the truth.
I apologise to Dave of Wisper bike's for using his excellant machines in my bit of fun but you should all take life less seriously. Cheap has its place as well, don't make the less fortunate who can't afford the best, feel worse than they already do. They're scum I know but its not their fault.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
3.645mhz lsb at midnight, don't know if it will work though as my setup favours the southern hemisphere..
Ah Bless Em!:) ......Boys will always be boys

Have you even tried a Wisper?

My story:

I did some homework 2008 and bought a 3 month old wisper 905SE from someone one here through the classified section in September. had a problem with the back wheel and had a rebuild paid for by wisper under warranty, bike rock solid ever since and a constant joy, and yes I miss it......

Like others on here the experience of having a powerful well put together E bike is contagious so I purchased the latest 705SE for my wife. I am not technically minded and like a warranty, plus I wanted a bike that I could interchange batteries with as wife don't use hers much. I sold mine on ebay in November (14 months of ownership cost me little more then £100 plus the marathon p tyres) I am currently using the wife's bike. I might go for the 906xc tourer(my heart) or maybe another 905SE (my head) but the city S this time with mud guards.

The wisper is a smashing bike that puts a grin on your face. When you start slagging members of and calling them foolish for buying a decent bike, you are going to end up alienating a lot of people on here.

Enough already! this was posted before I saw the surprisingly mature response above....

Last edited: