Reviewer:Old timer

Purchased From:The Sportshq

Purchase Price:£313 delivered

Time Owned:Two Weeks

Local Terrain: Moderate Hills

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Strengths:Cost, finish, full mudguards

Weaknesses:Slightly low in gearing, relatively heavy for a bike that has to be carried around.

Summary: In general fit and finish it is a lot like the MTB Cyclamatic which for the money is no bad thing. This is more of a fun ride around town bike because the gearing is quite low having 20" wheels. There is a small amount of movement in the handlebar main support tube mainly because of the height it has to be. The motor takes it along OK and the movement from rest on just the throttle is fairly smooth. Paintwork is very good with no runs that I can see. I suppose at a push I would throw it into the boot of the car but would much rather be riding my own full sized non folder. I would say that the bike was designed for young teenagers or small women but i found that with my weight and height (15st 5`11") I did feel a bit like I was riding one of my granddaughters bikes.
For someone that lives in town and doesn`t want the agro of finding a parking place or catching a bus it will probably do quite nicely. One of my granddaughters ( 16 years old) has a 1/2 mile walk down a country lane and then a wait for a bus to travel just two miles and this would probably be perfect for her.

I`ve now had a chance to set the bike up for my weight and height. Lifted the seat to a sensible height and removed existing small chainring. fitted a double ring (48 and 55T) didn`t fit a front changer but could always flip the chain over if needed or if the kids ride it. What a difference the larger chainring has made. I`ve a test course of about 3 miles where I do my testing on any repairs or mods which is a mixture of flat and moderate hills and my wife told me when I returned after the chainring mod that I had covered it in about the same time as on my main Powertrek 36V bike. After this last weekend when it was ridden by a male of 40, a female of 38 and two teenagers of 16 and 13 altering the saddle height as required saw them all wizzing along with a big smile on their faces. They are now E bike converts planning their purchases for future birthdays.

Overall Rating (out of 10) : In terms of value for money and the fun factor 10 up against full sized MTB E bikes 7

Last edited: