Cyclamatic GTE pro pedal sensor replacement

Archetype

Just Joined
Sep 30, 2023
Hi.
My wife picked up a cyclamatic gte pro. She had one ride on it and fell over after the chain snagged on the main ring.
The bike seems in good order and battery is fully charged. The motor doesn’t activate though. Controller shows no error codes.
I’m suspicious that the pedal sensor was ripped off and left on the road when she fell. There seems to be no pedal sensor magnet ring on the crank. I do see a bent housing that looks like it has the sensor still intact.

It’s hard to troubleshoot since I cannot find any pics or manuals of a properly functional gte pro model.

Would any magnet pedal sensor ring work? I have read a few other posts and it seems that directionality of the ring is important. Should I just buy a few 8 or 12 magnet rings and experiment?
Extra gratitude if anyone can point me to a manual for this e-bike.

Gratefully yours,

Doug Beechwood

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The magnet rings break quite easily, so it's possible that it got ripped off by the chain. It should be behind the chainwheel. Any one should work, but you have to get it to work in the right direction, so test it before you put the crank back on. If it works backwards, flip the magnet disc.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Buy an 8 pole one , you likely have less issues.
Also sounds like a new chain and achian ring may be needed as well, the snagging may be because of a tight chain links , strecthced chain or even a worn chain ring that shows teeth wear aka sharks teeth.