Cyclamatic problems

Wanderer

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Stafford
Hi I have a cyclamatic 24v bike but I’m using a 36v battery with no problems i had an accident on it a while ago which broke a few things. I have had the motor repaired and it runs ok but the shimano x7 gear changer and the throttle were also broken so was looking for replacements also the back brake karasawa 90 drum brake is not good either, is it possible to renew the lining or is it a new unit?
A lot of questions I know but if anyone can help I would be extremely grateful
Best regards
Rob

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can use any throttle you want, but whichwver one you get, you'll need to do some wiring. The Cyclamatic uses a standard throttle, but has it wired in a unique way. It uses the switch to power both the throttle an PAS, so the PAS connector is without the red 5v. The 5v comes from a separate wire in the throttle cable.

The yellow wire in the throttle contains battery voltage for the charge indicator LEDs. Don't let it touch any others when live. You can buy another throttle with a battery indicator in it. The yellow wire then needs to be joined at its connector. You must make sure that it goes to the right pin to avoid a lot of damage.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This is the end of the throttle cable

Hi, I’ve attached a pic of the throttle end it has 3 connectors
As I said, you won't be able to buy one like that. Whatever you get will require some adjustment to the wiring. Ideally, you should get one with some sort of battery indicator, otherwise you'd have to fit a voltmeter or separate battery indicator. The switch is optional. You could use a switch to disable, the throttle, PAS or both as you wish, depending on how you wire it.

Wanderer

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Stafford
Hi I’ve been in touch with sportshq sent them a picture of the wiring and they say they have them in stock(£15) and they are sending me one. Will let you know how I get on

Wanderer

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Stafford
Also any ideas about the back brake(back brake karasawa 90 drum brake) if it’s possible the change the lining or does it need a new part thanks

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Also any ideas about the back brake(back brake karasawa 90 drum brake) if it’s possible the change the lining or does it need a new part thanks
You can try dismantling and cleaning it, then set it up properly adjusted. Instructions for adjustment are on Youtube.