Cycle Accident Blackspots

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Thanks SEATALTEA. Good link. I see one redspot, local to me, on a road that I avoid on my way to work. That one doesn't surprise me at all since it has traffic calming measures that narrow the road every so many yards. Cars overtaking at the narrowest point where the bollards stand, pass with inches to spare. :eek:

SEATALTEA

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
I found the RTC which totalled a friend at work, he's partially disabled now, it wasn't the accident which finished him it was the MRSA from the local NHS hospital :(

Grumpy1

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2009
What a great bit of kit. Now what you need to do is wear a helmet where the blackspots and the non-blackspot areas you'll be fine.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I found in my area that the blackspots were exactly where I would have predicted them to be, so it's reassuring that personal judgement is a good predictor of where to take the most care.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hmmmmm...... Flec can you chose 7 random numbers for me between 1-49?

Thanks
I've lived and cycled in the same area for 41 years and know the likely spots well, including those created during that time by ill thought out road changes. The accident blackspots on that map happened to coincide with my impressions, presumably one reason why I've never hurt myself cycling during that time.

That leaves me content, and if it provides amusement for you, well that's just a bonus.