Cycle Trailer trotters style !

C

Cyclezee

Is it full of dodgy gear Saneagle:D
Here is my Bob Yak with 70 litres of B&Q compost...........should have gone to Aldi for it:(
PIC058.jpg

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
No,i havent got anything dodgy !! just my camping gear.Nice trailer you have got,and looks full.As you can guess im a big only fools fan.hence the trailer colours :)

eJay

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 16, 2011
saneagle, what weight do you tow and how does it affect the speed and range?
Im going to be towing a pressure washer (total trailer weight loaded around 75kg)

Cheers
Jay

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
saneagle, what weight do you tow and how does it affect the speed and range?
Im going to be towing a pressure washer (total trailer weight loaded around 75kg)

Cheers
Jay
Hi Jay, mine is about 30 kg fully loaded.To be honest 75 kg is alot,and i wouldnt like to tow that weight behind my bike.Hard to say how mine will eat up the battery,as i have only taken it out once just to see how it will tow.The speed is ok as i have travelled along the flat at 20 mph with my trailer on,just to try it,and it does pull me up most hills with power assist,however the battery will drain quicker.I would think that i could do a 15 mile range with pedal assist.I do have 2 batteries which = 18 amp hours.

C

Cyclezee

My Bob Yak has a max capacity of 32Kg / 70 Lbs. and I certainly wouldn't like to be attempting to tow 75 Kg., I am sure my Forza is capable of towing that weight, but handling would be awful and stopping quite dangerous.
The Yak handles so well unladen that I sometimes forget it there, it is a superd piece of kit.