CycleCharge - a quick hands up

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
can we have a quick hands up from those members who have registered as a charge point or want to register as a charge point?

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
thanks! .. I was getting lonely there for a while ...

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Alan......do you mean which members want to offer a 'private dwelling' charge point or everyone ?

Lynda :)

PS......dont feel lonely, I read your post in the middle of the night but thought better than to answer you when I was tired.......'just having to 'put up' with me indeed ' ROFLOL :D

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Alan......do you mean which members want to offer a 'private dwelling' charge point or everyone ?

PS......dont feel lonely, I read your post in the middle of the night but thought better than to answer you when I was tired.......'just having to 'put up' with me indeed ' ROFLOL :D
Yes. Sorry about that. Can't remember what I wrote. I hope I wasn't rude... ..

I just wanted to know what pedelec members had or are intending to register as charge points. I would have thought that there would be quite a few .. how many pedelec members would you expect to register as a charge point?

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Actually I wouldnt expect many private people to register Alan, as not everyone would be happy about strangers coming to their homes, or indeed have the facilities easily available.

My brother is registered as one, but he has a socket on his drive anyway for the motorhomes, as do I in Spain.......but not in Somerset.

I think its mainly businesses we are looking for and some more out of town ones.....and if near cycle paths....well that would be great !
But any private individuals would be good as well, basically the more the merrier.

No, you werent rude Alan......otherwise I WOULD have answered you...... :D :D

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
I think its mainly businesses we are looking for and some more out of town ones.....and if near cycle paths....well that would be great !
Ok - thats clear and thats what I am going after ... Regarding the private individuals and to clarify what I was suggesting about "service levels". You realise that if there is a group of members who have the same kit. i.e Tonaro , Cytronex, Kalkoff, ... and they declare themselves as charge points then the charge point is likely to offer the use of their charger, and possibly as in my case, a warm battery exchange. I know that this is not available in the profile and I accept that you may not want to add this level of profiling for development reasons. Thats all fine. My charge point wil be offering this service and its important that the few Cytronex users know that its on offer as it will knock 90 mins off the journey time from A to B providing they are going through Alton! ... ok ok ... I know it may never happen but still ... I think its an exciting prospect ..

C

Cyclezee

I have new Charge Point address:) It is not registered, but no worries.
It's at 259 Feng Yong Road, Shanghai, pop in anytime, I'm waiting;)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
I have new Charge Point address:) It is not registered, but no worries.
It's at 259 Feng Yong Road, Shanghai, pop in anytime, I'm waiting;)
Well get it registered ....and I am waiting too !!!

........dont forget that visit to a Shanghai mega electronics store :D