CycleCharge - getting sponsors - tent pole bike(s)

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
I was going to PM funkylyn but thought it best to post it here as it may spark more ideas and suggestions. I'm continuing to mess with my tent poles and did this:
DSC00778.jpg

Is this kind of thing likely to attract the attention of a sponsor or am I wasting my time? Although it didn't take long to drill holes in plastic bottles but it did frighten the cats! ...

Perhaps Buxton or someone like them would make some CycleCharge labels? .... I could get some letters and spell out CycleCharge in bottles (12 thread on nicely so no problem there) ...

Would they provide sponsorship just based on a photo. Perhaps they would use it in an advert on the TV? .. Should I offer to ride around my town every saturday for a month! .... Should we get a sponsorship team together and all go out on the same day and cover more areas? ....

Once we get one sponsor it should be easy to get others? ...

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Well.....Alan, you've certainly been busy and getting sponsorship is top priority.
I can imagine you cycling around the town....you would certainly get noticed.....'perhaps' some people might be a little more reserved about the method.....but if it works......
..... meanwhile I am actually quite concerned about your cats......are they on medication ? :D

Lynda :)

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Alan i'm speechless.. that's a mini London Eye in your kitchen!!! I'm not surprised your kits are scared! haha

C

Cyclezee

meanwhile I am actually quite concerned about your cats......are they on medication ? :D
Lynda :)[/QUOTE
The cats aren't the only ones that need medication, didn't realise that drinking too much water could have that effect:eek:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Well, this is encouraging. I cycled to work today with my tent poles in pannier and my buxton bottles in a plastic bag slung round my seat. Parked where I normally park which is on route to the smoking area and apparently its caused quite a stir. People gathering and trying to work out what the hell they are looking at! ... :)
Next step is to get some sticky letters and stamp the bottles with CycleCharge and print of the flyers etc and put up a sign "please take one" ...

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
its caused quite a stir. People gathering and trying to work out what the hell they are looking at! ... :)
I also did a lap of the building just to prove that I could!
DSC00781.jpg