Cyclezee Mk1 conversion on Trek 6000

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
I am selling my Trek 6000 which has been converted with the Cyclezee Mk1 kit. If you search ' Cyclezee bottle battery kit on Trek 6000' on the electric bikes forum page you will see the full build history. Great bike but I have only ridden it half a dozen times so has to go. Immaculate condition. Original Trek wheel. Spare tyres. Spent well over £1500.00. Open to realistic offers. You will not be disappointed.

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Thanks Flecc. No interest at all. I think the price is very good for a high spec bike in immaculate condition. I might have to consider removing the kit and selling it as a stand alone. Shame as it is a great bike.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think it's only because of the time of year and weather PJM. We've had two others fail to sell even after being reduced to ridiculously low prices.

Ebay or Gumtree could be better, but if you hang on in the hope of better Spring weather, it might shift more easily then.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I see you have already tried ebay with a £999 starting price, and recieved no bids i would lower the starting price to 500 and hope that auction fever takes over common sense.

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Hi Paul thanks for the tip. I do not want to give it away though. I am in no rush perhaps I will wait until the spring. I might even ride it a few more times. It is a great bike. Too nice to lock up anywhere in public !!

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Dont forget whatever price you start at you can still set a reserve price on ebay,i think sometimes a low start can attract a lot of interest and get more people watching and bidding.

C

Cyclezee

Absolutely right Paul, set a reserve for the minimum you are willing to accept, but start bidding at as little as 99p. and have the auction ending on a Sunday evening.......at a time when there are no major events on the telly and 15 minutes before Top Gear;)

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
I am still interested in selling the bike. Apart from regular charging of the battery it is unused and immaculate. Make me an offer you will not be disappointed. Thought the weather might bring a buyer out of the woodwork.

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
I have put the bike on ebay. There are 31 watchers at this time but no offers. Everyone holding back for a bargain. I would much rather it go to a forum member so come on and make me an offer.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
You would get more interest on eBay if you include more information about the bike. Include info about range, battery size, speed, legality. Suggested uses, ie commuting, shopping, sport, pub crawls. Include more photos, preferably good quality ones taken in bright sunshine, and if poss with a nice backdrop. Include some closeups of the parts that emphasise the quality aspect.

A high quality listing will suggest that the product is also high quality, and will generate interest, leading to more bids.

mjwobble

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
if the bike was unrestricted how fast (unassisted) can it go?

cheers