Cyclezee Quiz

C

Cyclezee

Some workman were installing several of these near my local Post Office this morning.
20141223_115217.jpg

Can anyone guess what it is yet?

A special prize from Cyclezee for the first correct answer;)

D

Deleted member 4366

It's a flower tub that you can lock your bike to.

Terry1100

Pedelecer
Dec 18, 2014
If it's a fixed loop for locking a bike to it seems like an "installation intensive" solution.

C

Cyclezee

It's a flower tub that you can lock your bike to.
Congratulations Dave you got it;)

Your prize is an immediate 5% off any new bike from Cyclezee....everyone else has to wait until Boxing Day:D

So glad that it was you first, it's saved me a few quid;)

D

Deleted member 4366

Congratulations Dave you got it;)

Your prize is an immediate 5% off any new bike from Cyclezee....everyone else has to wait until Boxing Day:D

So glad that it was you first, it's saved me a few quid;)
My head has swollen so much that I can't get through the doorways now.

You can keep the bike. Just send me the 5% discount on your most expensive one.

Reactions: Jimod
C

Cyclezee

My head has swollen so much that I can't get through the doorways now.

You can keep the bike. Just send me the 5% discount on your most expensive one.
Sorry Dave but you obviously haven't read the rules:(

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Must have misread that there. I'm sure I read somewhere that the 2015 Cyclezee discount was going to be 50%! You've missed off a zero !:)

C

Cyclezee

Must have misread that there. I'm sure I read somewhere that the 2015 Cyclezee discount was going to be 50%! You've missed off a zero !:)
Hi James,

No you didn't misread that, it was 50% off one set of Cyclezee torque plates;)

C

Cyclezee

It looks very much like an advertising space to me:)

I was told by the guys doing the installation that the loop is made of hardened steel and couldn't be cut with a hacksaw.

As they were still being fitted I didn't get a chance to examine them closely so I can't say how solid or secure they might be.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flower pots? Don't they know that theft of garden plants is also a well known problem? These will be ideally placed for secretively lifting into panniers or carrier boxes/baskets.

D

Deleted member 4366

Surely, it should be at right angles to the wall so that you can tie up two bikes?

C

Cyclezee

Surely, it should be at right angles to the wall so that you can tie up two bikes?
It's about a metre from the wall so there is room for another bike at the far side.

They have installed 3 of these in the same location which is a small local centre with a Coop, Post Office and couple of other shops.

The bars are made of solid hardened steel and the whole thing is anchored to the ground, they look quite substancial.

I do take Flecc's point about the plants being stolen. MK council spends a lot of money on planting and maintaining trees and plants around the city, but I don't know who paid for these, I suspect it may have been the local parish council.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cyclezee

What is it filled with? Is it soil on top? Is there any cement in there or surely those crims that like to take metal from everywhere they can find it will make off with it.
They are filled with top soil but very securely anchored to the ground so they would not be easy to remove.

Reactions: TinKitten

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
It looks to me like the council offering a complex solution to a simple problem. This would surely soon become a dog urination point whether there are bikes chained up or not..Can I sue the council if my bike gets weed on or becomes infested with greenfly or other soil born bike eating bugs!!