cyclotricity bike cutting out

Peter farrall

Just Joined
Mar 12, 2017
Chester
Hi all

I have a cyclotricity kit on a Marin mountain bike with 250w front wheel motor and bottle battery which has done about 18months and 2000 miles

It started cutting out on wet days so I sent the kit back to Cyclotricity who checked it out and sent a new battery

It still played up on wet days so I bought another LCD controller (since it sometimes steamed up after rain)

Still had problems after rain and now (having "dryed out" the Bike it still constantly cuts out requiring me to stop, switch the battery of and the on again, then the LCD will fires up again but the bike only goes for 5mins

Has anyone had this problem, could it be the control unit? I have checked all the wires, connections and the pedal assist kit on the crank that seems to be OK

Thanks

Peter

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
What about brake cutouts?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Have a look at the pas sensor as my Oxydrive did this in the wet early this year, moisture gets in and shorts the 5v line so after drying out I sealed it up again esp at the cable entry.
It has been worked fine since.

D

Deleted member 4366

If the LCD goes off, it's either gone to sleep (no speed signal) or the voltage between the battery and controller has been interrupted.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For sealing I use a butyl flexible sealant, it come out of the tube really icky but once cured by air it remains pliable and mouldable. I use it on all cable entries esp on my bbs01.