Cyclotricity Revolver or Carerra Crossfire

alex campbell

Just Joined
Jun 20, 2017
mid calder
First time poster here my friends. I've got £1k to spend on Halford's C2W scheme and just wanted some expert advice please. I've got a 10 mile round trip commute to work to do and want to do longer fun trips at the weekend. I've tried the Crossfire and liked it. My local Halfords said they would knock £200 off it so I could buy it via C2W. But the Revolver seems more bang for buck. What do you think? Or is there some other bike that would be more value for money for my £1k? Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello & welcome Alex :)

Why not cast your net a bit wider and have a look at the other bikes available from suppliers who advertise on here. The likes of Woosh, Wisper, Juicy and Kudos all have bikes in your price range, and you really ought to try lots of different bikes before making your mind up.

Gaz

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

What do you mean by " the Revolver seems more bang for buck"?

philliptjohnson

Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2017
Washington
If I go to Halfords site and look at the revolver I get a message saying something about it not being available right now and to try later... Are you sure they still sell it?

My advice between those 2 would be the crossfire... Better components and a better bike. I did it on the cycle2work scheme and got 15 percent extra free accessories so if it's things like mudguards and a rack that you think are extra value you could probably get mudguards and a rack out of that if it's a standard thing.

alex campbell

Just Joined
Jun 20, 2017
mid calder
If I go to Halfords site and look at the revolver I get a message saying something about it not being available right now and to try later... Are you sure they still sell it?

My advice between those 2 would be the crossfire... Better components and a better bike. I did it on the cycle2work scheme and got 15 percent extra free accessories so if it's things like mudguards and a rack that you think are extra value you could probably get mudguards and a rack out of that if it's a standard thing.
The Revolver is available from E-bikes Direct, who I believe work with the Halfords C2W scheme.

philliptjohnson

Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2017
Washington
Cool, so you could get the 15 ah battery on the revolver for 800 quid. That's a larger capacity battery than the crossfire which is only 11.5 and the spec weight is about 3 kg lighter plus you get a rack and mudguards.

The thing I'm always suspicious of with cheaper bikes like the revolver is the anonymous components... The spec says 'disk brakes' but doesn't even state whether they are hydraulic or mechanical let alone the make and model. If you look at the spec for the crossfire though it tells you the make and model of all the components... Brakes, gears, electrical system, forks etc which for me says a lot about the quality of the components and allows you to make a more informed comparison with other bikes.