Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Which end can I use? None of them seem to fit:

Unless I'd need a specific screwdriver bit to remove the bolt? It looks massive

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
No I don't have k so big keys.I'll see if I can get some bigger.

Thanks d8vrh

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Had a flat because my tyre was completely used:

Only had maybe few hundred miles on it :(

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I'm now using strap to make sure the battery does touch the front wheel and the pedals:

But it doesn't look stealthy AT ALL.

Any idea how to make it stealthier (apart than having black straps)

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I'm now using strap to make sure the battery does touch the front wheel and the pedals:

But it doesn't look stealthy AT ALL.

Any idea how to make it stealthier (apart than having black straps)
I would have thought anybody travelling behind you would not notice,an obvious ebike,side ways the blue and white tape or whatever it is do stand out,also the wires hanging loose below the frame.try and keep everything black so it blends in with the frame,black duct tape or pvc tape and black cable ties to tidy up the loose wiring,finally pedal along with the motor,if you are travelling at speed without pedalling,any stealth is blown.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Yes, putting everything in black was one of my goal. But I was wondering if there was a better way to achieve that

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Update on my conversion:
- I have dual big apples. It looks like it does take longer to worn out. But I only have them since 3 weeks. Time will tell.
- All sine wave controller I tried to date are damn bad. They are noisy over 75V, do not regen and/or are less efficient. I'm using back square wave controller.

Rear seat is finally installed (D8veh licensing!):

As you can see, I used 2 aluminium tube because I'm planning to convert it to rear seat. I'm going to have a test subject very soon.

Same for the rear trolley, I'm using this silverline one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000LFYO7E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For now, all seem good. I did a 30 mn run with strong start, max speed at 30mph, potholes, start&stops... It holds it well.

Next stage, get a test subject and put some luggages on it. I hope it's going to hold it. And it's 3 years warranties anyway :D

D

Deleted member 4366

I love it!

Somehow I don't think that they'll honour the warrant when the wheels have melted at 30 mph

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Yes I was thinking about replacing the wheels... Any idea where I could find cheap and thin wheels to put on it? Maybe pneumatic would be better!

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
By the way, none of my friends accept to sit on my little seat :(

They say it's too low and they'll spend their time staring at my A**..... :/

I'm thinking to maybe put the 2 batteries on the back hence elevate the seating position!

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I swapped my 160mm disc brake for a 180mm one, and I realised it was too big to fit.

What's the best way to solve that?

Get load of washers to increase the height?

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, that should be OK. When you come to fit it, you might still need a couple of washers if the disc touches the top of the caliper.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Thanks Dave, I purchased them.

I'm updating the battery box:

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk

Bike balance is not anymore that nice, but it's way cleaner and more discreet. Strongest point is that I can take it out to charge now!

The previous battery and controller are now for sale.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

That looks much better. I guess you can pedal it now. Did you wels up the battery yourself? What spec is it?